Are these two Tuxedo Coturnixs??

monarc23

Coturnix Obsessed
11 Years
Jul 18, 2008
Indiana, Pennsylvania
Hi guys, I ordered just normal Pharoah Coturnix quail hatching eggs,the chicks hatched and I have two that look completley different (pattern wise) from all the others....they actually remind me of owls a bit ha ha!!!

Heres the normal pharoahs:
IMG_1646.jpg

IMG_1719.jpg

IMG_1729.jpg

and heres the owl looking ones:
*this one below has a lot more yellow- yellow tip on the wings, note the black smearing on the one foot too*
IMG_1706.jpg

IMG_1713.jpg

*this one below has a lot more dark but still has that yellow around the eyes, and lack of real pattern on the back like the normals and look how black the legs are...i looked up all the different colors of cuturnix and any i could find did not haev black legs/feet like this it's pretty*

IMG_1715.jpg

IMG_1717.jpg

Looks like it might turn out to be the rosetta pattern with a white chest and white on the face. Any yellow you see will be white. I have all the colors together and I get all kinds of strange colors. If the breeder has any other colors and has mixed them at some point, that color can turn up when breeding one color together.

They are either going to be a light coloration Tibettan...or a Tuxedo...only time will tell!
smile.png

YES! Im so excited! I am a genetic junkie! So you guys both saying they are deffinatly something else makes me so excited! I will post again of these two when they are feathered out some see what you guys think then!!!
smile.png

yep red oaks also has tuxedos, and whites and i think another color, but they have them sold as single colors at different prices, so these must have either got mixed in my batch OR like Cindy said, showed up in same colors from being mixed at some point!

I AM sooooo happy to hear that thank you guys for answering this for me!!!
niki

Back
Top Bottom