Are these worms?

Chickenmandan5

In the Brooder
Dec 3, 2020
Recently i noticed this in my chickens poops. I've compared them to ringworms and they do not look like them.
Can anyone tell me what kind of worm it is? And also are my chickens eggs safe to eat?
Can i catch these worms from my chickebs?
What can i do to de-worm them?

Thank you
20210331_093833.jpg

The beige color segments you see are tapeworm segments aka proglottids.
You'll need to purchase Equimax equine paste at a feed store. Then orally dose your tapeworm infected chicken(s) 0.03ml per pound or 0.15ml for a 5 pound chicken. Then redose in 10 days.
It's best to dose your birds on an empty gut, prior to feeding them in the morning. Then wait 3 hours after dosing to feed your birds. Then feed a little at a time, gradually increasing back to regular feeding in the afternoon.

BTW: Ringworm is a type of fungus, not a worm.

They look like undigested feather shafts when magnified. The other white stuff are urates in the feces. I dont see any roundworms at all. Did you notice two tapeworm segments in the 2nd pic, post #2?

They look like undigested feather shafts when magnified. The other white stuff are urates in the feces. I dont see any roundworms at all. Did you notice two tapeworm segments in the 2nd pic, post #2?
Thank God! I have never seen those before and there were in a few of my girls feces! Thanks this makes me feel a lot less scared. My birds 100% have tapeworms then? :(

That white stuff generally is on the chickens feces since i got them it was like a crusted white at the first poo

Back
Top Bottom