Anyone had this before with worms

Borders3

Crowing
Dec 28, 2019
Malton,North Yorkshire UK
I went into the coop to clean the poop boards day before yesterday and there was a poop that looked like a MEDUSA HEAD. Nice firm poop with about a dozen worms sticking out just like Medusa's head. I am presuming these are round worms, to me that is what they looked like but they weren't moving. Before any one asks I didn't take a photo as I don't have a mobile phone. I have never seen worms in the poop before so was very shocked to see this, didn't see any last night. Can Panacur be used to worm with and will I need to withhold eggs?

Yes, they are round worms.
Yes, I've seen that before.
Yes, the Panacur will treat them.
Dose them individually, orally at a rate of 1/4 ml per pound of body weight daily for 5 days in a row. Egg withdrawal starts with the first dose and ends at a minimum of 7 days after the last dose, 14 is better.

Yes, they are round worms.
Yes, I've seen that before.
Yes, the Panacur will treat them.
Dose them individually, orally at a rate of 1/4 ml per pound of body weight daily for 5 days in a row. Egg withdrawal starts with the first dose and ends at a minimum of 7 days after the last dose, 14 is better.
I have the Panacur 18.75% Oral Paste 5g Syringe Fenbendazole for cats, dogs, kittens and puppies is this ok to use and how much?

Panacur is fenbendazole, and the 10% concentration dosage is 0.23 ml per pound given orally once and in 10 days. But if you give if 5 straight days, it will treat most all chicken worms except tapeworms. So yours is 17%, so less would be used. I am not a math whiz, but if you can figure the dosage, that is great. My poor brain thinks it would be 0.13 or 0.14 ml per pound of weight. Please check my math.

Panacur is fenbendazole, and the 10% concentration dosage is 0.23 ml per pound given orally once and in 10 days. But if you give if 5 straight days, it will treat most all chicken worms except tapeworms. So yours is 17%, so less would be used. I am not a math whiz, but if you can figure the dosage, that is great. My poor brain thinks it would be 0.13 or 0.14 ml per pound of weight. Please check my math.
I'm no maths whiz either that's why I asked on here.
Each 5g syringe contains 0.94g Fenbendazole

Last edited:
Here is a picture of a roundworm in poop:
1702856610047.jpeg

Photo by Jenny Lee 77 from BYC

Back
Top Bottom