Are these your chickens in Wake county NC?

Avonlea22

Jessamine Cottage
8 Years
Aug 27, 2011
I was driving back from Southern States yesterday and decided to take an unknown route home (I like to explore). I stumbled upon these chickens, close to the road. I just had to turn around and snap a couple of pictures. As I pulled over, they all came running up toward the front area. Sorry about the quality.

104933_new_image1.jpg

and part of the coop:

104933_new_image2.jpg

Last edited:
We call in "Chicken Stalking". Another house near ours has a chicken tractor that you can see from the road. We drive by nearly every day to see how their girls are doing. Just this past week we saw a big fox running through the yard as we drove by. Good thing their girls were locked up tight!

When I'm out in an area I've never been in, I think I'm looking more for chickens than at the road. It's definately a sickness.

Maybe some BYC business cards are in order. Place it in the mailboxes of those we see.
smile.png

Last edited:
Yup, I do this too!

Also, my next door neighbors keep chickens and a duck in a pen. (Mine range freely.) I am not ....happy ....with the way they feed their birds. I worry about 'em. So, every now and again, I toss some of the feed for my flock into their pen. And I occasionally provide treats for them,too. Never when anybody is home over there!

The neighbors are really good neighbors, friendly, nice folks. I just don't want to be all "you should be doing this" with 'em.

But I scope out chickens every where I go. Sometimes I see a yard perfect for chickens and wonder why the residents don't have any.
Everybody should have chickens, doncha think?!?!

Quote:
Not everyone, only nice, honest people that can provide them with a good life.
tongue.png

I can't imagine ever not having chickens again. They provide such joy and laughter!

How do they feed them?

Back
Top Bottom