Are these your chickens in Wake county NC?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Avonlea22, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Avonlea22

Avonlea22 Jessamine Cottage

Aug 27, 2011
    I was driving back from Southern States yesterday and decided to take an unknown route home (I like to explore). I stumbled upon these chickens, close to the road. I just had to turn around and snap a couple of pictures. As I pulled over, they all came running up toward the front area. Sorry about the quality.

[​IMG]

and part of the coop:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  2. ozark_chickies

ozark_chickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2011
    Arkansas
    [​IMG] Glad to see I'm not the only one who checks out chickens when out driving.

3. Dowie

Dowie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    That's taking an interest in chickens to new heights!

4. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    I've done the same with chickens and horses [​IMG]

5. tamberlin

tamberlin Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Framingham MA
    We call in "Chicken Stalking". Another house near ours has a chicken tractor that you can see from the road. We drive by nearly every day to see how their girls are doing. Just this past week we saw a big fox running through the yard as we drove by. Good thing their girls were locked up tight!

6. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    ok, now we have to find the owner of these beautiful girls and get them on here!!!!!

stalk.... stalk.... stalk.....

they need Christmas decorations as well. [​IMG]

7. Avonlea22

Avonlea22 Jessamine Cottage

Aug 27, 2011
    When I'm out in an area I've never been in, I think I'm looking more for chickens than at the road. It's definately a sickness.

Maybe some BYC business cards are in order. Place it in the mailboxes of those we see. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  8. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Quote:[​IMG]

I never see chickens in my area!

9. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Yup, I do this too!

Also, my next door neighbors keep chickens and a duck in a pen. (Mine range freely.) I am not ....happy ....with the way they feed their birds. I worry about 'em. So, every now and again, I toss some of the feed for my flock into their pen. And I occasionally provide treats for them,too. Never when anybody is home over there!

The neighbors are really good neighbors, friendly, nice folks. I just don't want to be all "you should be doing this" with 'em.

But I scope out chickens every where I go. Sometimes I see a yard perfect for chickens and wonder why the residents don't have any.
    Everybody should have chickens, doncha think?!?!

10. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Not everyone, only nice, honest people that can provide them with a good life. [​IMG]

I can't imagine ever not having chickens again. They provide such joy and laughter!

How do they feed them?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by