Are they all roosters? Another life lesson

Even as I write this I’m pretty sure I already know the answer but I’d like to have faith in the human race.....
So about 6 weeks ago, I answered an ad to purchase a small flock of young hens from someone in my local district. I paid a good amount of money for them and picked them up at her home address (or at least I think it was her home!).
Being new to chickens, I took it on good faith that I was getting hens and the chickens were mixed breeds (3 buff orpingtons, 2 barnevelders and 1 cross breed) and ages from 18 weeks to 7 weeks. But after a lack of eggs and some clear crowing I am now wondering if any of the chickens I purchased are actually hens? We wanted the chickens for eggs, and for the joy of raising them, however our council prohibits keeping of roosters without a permit (which the person who sold me the expensive roosters would have known).
Clearly I’ve been taken for a ride (buyer beware), but will I have to give them all away?View attachment 2609402View attachment 2609403View attachment 2609404View attachment 2609405
There all roosters.

Back
Top Bottom