Are they male? Female? Help!

JHducks3

Chirping
6 Years
May 8, 2013
Hi
I hatched 5 welsh harlequin ducks . I think there on 6/7 weeks now and starting to look like adults! But one duck quacks and the others still make there little squeaky sound. Are they males then? And the one quaking is the only female? Here's some pics

Oooh, sorry I missed this.

Well, it does sound like you have one girl and the rest boys. Sheesh. You probably know that's not going to be safe for her. There is a buy sell trade forum, and a rehoming forum, it that helps.

There may be a required number of posts for new members before you can upload photo's, I don't recall.

Hope you did not give up on us.

welcome-byc.gif

I can't give them away there my baby's! I hatched them myself :O I want to keep the female

I can't give them away there my baby's! I hatched them myself :O I want to keep the female

Well are you able to accommodate more ducks? if so, then separate the flock, get some more females and if you want to breed, leave one drake(or two) out and run a mixed flock and a bachelor flock. Drakes should have 2-3 per, if the duck has to many drake they could harm her(or worse kill her) I am over draked here again myself, so i do understand but the safety of my ducks is #1 priority.

I know safety is first and what I'm gonna do is separate the flock so the female is with one drake and the other three are in a different pen. There not aggressive yet but I will get a new pen soon. Thanks for your help :) I might have to sell the other drakes as my dad won't let me get more :(

Well are you able to accommodate more ducks? if so, then separate the flock, get some more females and if you want to breed, leave one drake(or two) out and run a mixed flock and a bachelor flock. Drakes should have 2-3 per, if the duck has to many drake they could harm her(or worse kill her) I am over draked here again myself, so i do understand but the safety of my ducks is #1 priority.
is it ok to have one duck and just one drake living with six chickens

is it ok to have one duck and just one drake living with six chickens
That's is something most likely you will find out over time, some drakes may not go after hens to mate, but I don't think I know of any, but remedy would be to separate ducks from chickens. and then watch to make sure drake doesn't over abuse his duck mate.

Back
Top Bottom