Are We Under Terrorist Attack?? Gas $6.79 near me!!!

Gas stations charge the replacement value of the gas in their tanks. I owned a Sunoco
in the 90's. Even though I may have paid $1.38 for regular(sold for $1.44) we would
boost the price of fuel based on replacement cost. This is standard practice dictated
by the oil companies.

Most gas stations make NO MONEY on gas. If it covers some overhead and they can
make money on candy bars and repairs they are ahead of the game.

Most gas stations are getting hit very hard by increases in gas prices. Margins are
almost non-existant. Very few stations will gouge. It's too easy to get caught.

The prices are terrible but would be willing to pay them because where we are at there isn't any gas to be bought. I'm stranded right now at home. I have been ill and didn't know what was going on. My old man found many people out of gas looking for gas and this was 40 minutes away from us in Carrollton, Ga. We thought that would be the best place to buy it being a large town and all. We have enough supplies for a week for us and animal's. I get everything in one trip each week because I refuse to pay for all the extra gas living in a rural area like we do. Yesterday when I stocked up I was in a hurry to get home and help a chick with an injured eye and forgot to get my med's. That is not a good thing. PEACE

Our firend that owns the gas station just called and told us his supplier called him. He was told not to expect another gas shippement for AT LEAST another two weeks. He usually gets a load once a twice a week. We filled up because I can see a lot of people hoarding when they find out that there could be no gas in the area for a while.

Michelle

DMK Ranch

My dad is redoin his 36-Oldsmobile to be electric, its gona be mine. Paintin' it green, black, and white the original colors. We saw a show where a race 'truck' ran off 33 motorcycle batteries and won.

To clarify, I didn't actually buy gas at that price, nor would I unless pretty much forced to do so. The price was a little way over the NC line at a Chevron in Murphy, NC (I am 8/10 of a mile from the NC line). The other direction, back into Ga, the prices are $3.91-$4.35 for regular unleaded today. The governor has enacted that anti-gouging thing, but heck, seems like gouging at $4/gal, much less almost $7/gal.
hmm.png
We keep an older Chevy truck (1994) for hauling our garbage and getting lumber, but if this keeps up, we may have to get rid of it and my car (Lumina, 1996, 22 mpg) and get a tiny toy car to drive, if we can find one cheap enough to pay cash for. How I'll haul garbage, I'm not sure.
idunno.gif

When I retired 17 years ago gas was about a dollar. Now it's over four yet my pension hasn't increased one cent. I'm starting to worry that I am going to outlive my pension. Got to figure out how many chickens it would take to make a team to pull my truck.

Quote:
You've seen my tiny toy car, when I first bought it people were laughing at me.

Then I started modifying it, and they laughed harder, said I was crazy.

Crazy like a fox maybe.

Now I'm getting 56 MPG and they hate me.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom