Are We Under Terrorist Attack?? Gas $6.79 near me!!!

Here, it starts going up toward the weekend, like clockwork. Definitely the wrong time to fill up. We saw an increase from $3.39 to $3.95 between Thursday and Friday. Most people get mad at the station-owners, but it's not their issue. I think contributing to this week's hike was OPEC's announcement that, because of dropping prices, they intend to cut supply. Even though Saudi Arabia (who supplies more international oil than all the OPEC nations combined) came out right away saying that they would NOT cut supply, because they felt oil prices were stable...there was still a reactionary price hike on the market immediately.

Quote:
clap.gif

Quote:
I'm glad someone brought up the Pickens Plans. It is BY FAR something that can
be done and help this country in so many ways.

There is no diference between and engine that burns gasoline and natural gas other
than a few minor modifications and storage. Not only that but they can burn
man made(produced) methane & propane.

http://www.pickensplan.com/index.php

Washington is failing us.
Oil companies are doing nothing.
The media are just idiots.
So called environmentalists don't have a clue.
Big business is jumping on the "green" bandwagon and reinforcing misinformation.

My nephew has converted his car to propane, he has a setup to fill from his big household tank at home, we've been talking about converting my metro to dual fuel.

If this keeps up I might just build a still in my yard and convert kudzu to ehtanol.
That stuff is plentiful here in the south and people will pay you to harvest it, and it grows almost a foot a day in summer.

Cyn
hugs.gif
I have been threatening riding a horse to town for my shopping. It is ridiculous! I feel your anguish completely.

The excuse for this price jump...a hurricane hits Texas and they will jack it up again...it is happening already.

Last edited:
We just got gas a hour ago and the price was 3.79 a gallon but at every pump there is a sign posted "Limit You gas purchase to 10 gallons only" I am speachless. mad upset but then on the other hand I can see them doing this so that they don't have to raise the price any higher but I took a pic for the scrapbook as this was def. something to remember.

Because of your post I went out and gassed up. The gas station people told me that they have been getting reports of 6.10 a gal in saginaw. Now, I understand (kinda) about them being worried about Ike, but Ike has gone thru and as far as I know, no damage to the refineries. SO, come on........
sad.png

Of course, we have been paying no less than 3.96 a gallon since it spiked over $4 a gallon, for us it never really went down. Do you think people would car pool? shut up roosmom shut up

It has been steady at 3.79 here and I won't be able to gas up until tomorrow. So I hope it stays at that.
fl.gif

That is strange, the discrepency in prices across the country. Whats that about?

Quote:
I'm glad someone brought up the Pickens Plans. It is BY FAR something that can
be done and help this country in so many ways.

There is no diference between and engine that burns gasoline and natural gas other
than a few minor modifications and storage. Not only that but they can burn
man made(produced) methane & propane.

http://www.pickensplan.com/index.php

Washington is failing us.
Oil companies are doing nothing.
The media are just idiots.
So called environmentalists don't have a clue.
Big business is jumping on the "green" bandwagon and reinforcing misinformation.

yippiechickie.gif
YEAH! I AGREE!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom