are y'all better off than you were 4 years ago ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do you think the FED injecting trillions into the economy had anything to do with that ? Do you think in will keep going up because the FED's money or because of a booming economy ?

:pop
No, the only industry that was significantly helped by the injection of money was the automobile. The larger companies responded to the financial crisis by laying off lots of workers and cutting costs. When things began to get better they realized that they could make large profits and still remain lean. The whole economy is not yet booming but it certainly is getting better and the large public companies are doing quite well.

Didn't find any inflammatory statements ?
So what one do you think is the most fair ? Being fair doesn't mean you cant have your own opinion and state it.

pop.gif

I am honestly at a loss. Are you purposely being obtuse?

Maybe I am wrong but do they not shut down the stock market when it drops too much? The way I see it the stock market is now backed by the government through bailouts so what risk is there in the stock market now anyhow? At least for four more years.

I did find it interesting that welfare is up 38% and foodstamps are up 78% during Obama's last 4 years... those folks could be considered better off in a sick sort of way I suppose.

Last edited:
No I'm talking about the Federal Reserve Banks injection of trillions of new dollars. So you end up with more money wanting to buy more stocks and that has always raised the market. And the extra $40 billion from the FED every month wont hurt.

The Federal Reserve Bank injects trillions of 'new' dollars or 'borrowed' dollars?

Nope!

That won't hurt.

Especially not seniors with savings that receive next to nothing in interest. Following the rules and planning for the "Golden Years" just isn't working very well anymore.

Smart Red

Quote:
I lived in Libertad for four months and spent a lot of time in Salinas, Anconcito and Punta Carnero and environs. We just love the beach at Ancon and also spent time in the tidal poos a La Chocolatierra. I know some physicians and businessmen with vacation homes on the penninsula. I know right where the homes are that you are talking about! Wonderful homes. I'd love to go there for a few weeks, but I'd much rather live in a suburb of Quito or in Cuenca or Riobama or Otavalo... Cayambe perhaps.

Quote:
Really you're going to call me names ? Or were you just making a inflammatory statement ?

pop.gif

ob·tuse/əbˈt(y)o͞os/
Adjective:
  1. Annoyingly insensitive or slow to understand.
  2. Difficult to understand.

To be purposely obtuse is to purposely annoy or instigate by pretending to be slow to understand. It is my opinion, especially based upon your above statement, that you are being purposely obtuse, which is a way to inflame people.

in·flam·ma·to·ry/inˈflaməˌtôrē/

Adjective:
  1. Relating to or causing inflammation of a part of the body.
  2. (esp. of speech or writing) Arousing or intended to arouse angry or violent feelings.

Fortunately the country you live in gives you the freedom to leave, if you so choose.

There are some pretty horrendous tax penalties for changing citizenship. Check with a good tax lawyer before you make a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom