Are you a fan of production hens or not? If not, why?

Are you a fan of production hens or not?

• Yes

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 19 79.2%

• Total voters

Farmlife16

Songster
Aug 12, 2021
I currently have golden comets and I've noticed that although they are great layers they seem to have a lot of health problems. Mine are almost at the two year mark and two of my five GC are not laying. The ones that are laying do not lay the best quality of eggs anymore. The two that aren't laying have dealt with messy bum feathers as well as the secretion of yellowish liquid from their vents (egg laying issues?) this past summer/fall. I was wondering if other chicken owners have had similar experiences with production hens?

I only have one girl that is 100% production, my Calico Princess. Super friendly and lays great even at 3. Only health issues I've noticed is lots of meat spots, nearly every egg, amd her chicks fail to be healthy. So no breeding her, but she hasn't shown any issues of health herself besides the the meatspots

I only have one girl that is 100% production, my Calico Princess. Super friendly and lays great even at 3. Only health issues I've noticed is lots of meat spots, nearly every egg, amd her chicks fail to be healthy. So no breeding her, but she hasn't shown any issues of health herself besides the the meatspots
Thanks for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom