are you kidding me?

Quote:
His attitude is wrong. BUT.... aren't the FEMA trailers the ones that were outgassing dangerous levels of formaldehyde after hurricane Katrina?

My DH survived hurricane Hugo- he said the scariest words ever were "Hi, I'm from FEMA and we're here to help you".

Yep, you're exactly right, Ranchie. They have sued over the illnesses resulting from the FEMA trailers.
I survived Hurricanes Rita and Ike and I agree with your DH.
smile.png

* A quick look shows me many FEMA trailers at under $4000.

Anyone into Goverment Auctions .com?

I see a fleet of 07-08-09 Impala's being sold of tomorrow close by.
Things right down to tv sets, kitchen stuff, and simply "lot" sales.

Less than 1/2 of 1% of occupied fema trailers had odor complaints.

Odd how anyone that's ever purchased a brand new manufactured home/mobile home/trailer has somehow managed to live with the odors associated with much of new construction, including MH construction...installation of new carpet, new paneling, new cabinets, new paint, new everything, as the odors fade over time.

That mayor wasn't concerned over a tiny fraction of a fraction of people that might be sensitive to the odor of new mobile homes (fema trailers)...his stated reason was zoning, not health.

Last edited:
I personally think the Mayor there has lost his mind. People are homeless and lost everything they own. What are lots with debris and busted trees selling for these days that it would lower property values. Are tornado ravaged lots worth that much? It would give people hope and a start to rebuilding. Any fema trailer built in 09 would not have any fume or gaseous issues now anyway.
Sounds kinda like wiping before you poop to me. What a scholar he must be.

Personally, I would not want to live in any trailer living where tornados are. I understand it takes time to start the rebuilding process, and the comments by the Mayor were upsetting, but he was probably thinking if they bring in all those trailers, people will not get the rebuilding going as fast, and it is possible some never will and just live in the government trailers for the rest of their lives.

Don't throw rocks.....it is just my opinion.
wink.png

Quote:
People living in MH's were already there.

The mayor said doublewide MH's are allowed, not single wides: http://www.foxalabamanews.com/2011/05/fema-trailers-for-storm-victims-not.html AKA: wants "young professionals" to move there...not those that might consider living in a trailer actually normal, lol.
roll.png

Believe it or not, some folks happily live in MH's or RV's their entire lives, lol. The residents have already voiced their opinions and they want the fema trailers, as anyone would that was actually living in the midst of nothing but destruction with everything gone.

Not sure how the property value will be lowered when there is probably not many properties left to value!!! I think a trailer holds more value than a pile of sticks! I think they need to form a committee and oust him or better yet maybe they can all go knocking on his doorstep tonight and not leave when they need a place to live!! What a jerk!!

The most valuable thing in a town is it's people.
My town, your town, or even Jopin, Missouri.

I've been in a lot of peoples homes in my lifetime.
From fancy mansions to a young man who lived under
a bridge.

Don't value the wrong things in this world.

Back
Top Bottom