Are your guineas laying yet?

I have collected 6 guinea eggs so far this week from my two females. Plan on setting my incubator when I get to seven. The 2 girls have been laying in there coop right around noon each day, but not spending any time sitting on the eggs. I just take the guinea eggs and replace them with a chicken egg and so far they have kept using the nest. They are all acting super crazy and "spring like" chasing each other around and mating etc. Ahhh, guineas in spring. lol

I have collected 6 guinea eggs so far this week from my two females. Plan on setting my incubator when I get to seven. The 2 girls have been laying in there coop right around noon each day, but not spending any time sitting on the eggs. I just take the guinea eggs and replace them with a chicken egg and so far they have kept using the nest. They are all acting super crazy and "spring like" chasing each other around and mating etc. Ahhh, guineas in spring. lol
That reminds me of the first time I saw the male try to mate the female. He ran, jumped on top and they both fell over. She promptly got up and pecked him lol.

Mine just started last Friday! I believe it’s my new guineas born last July that are laying. These eggs are smaller then the pearl eggs. Granted they could be from some of the pearls I kept from last years hatch.
CEEE57A1-1D0F-48E9-8AB7-C282D1A0777B.jpeg

I’ll be setting up the incubator today and hope for the best!
Ive seen lots of mating action so I’m hoping they are fertile.

Over the few nice days we have had recently I have found a few eggs randomly in the coop or near it. Yesterday I put a couple fake eggs in one of the nesting boxes and over night it snowed 6 inches and I found three eggs the next afternoon in the nesting box. They are probably from my three oldest hens who brooded 6 keets last year/ in the same nesting box. I have 5 younger hens that might have laid one of them. I guess it is going to be an interesting spring with 7 cocks to go with the 8 hens. I have identified 3 pairs and one 3 threesome so far and the others are either buck wheating or pulling feathers.

Attachments

• Apr 16 '21.jpg
    Apr 16 '21.jpg
    397.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Apr 16-1 '21.jpg
    Apr 16-1 '21.jpg
    420.6 KB · Views: 5
I think I have pearls laying now too. I know color wise it will vary between hens, but the two bottom right eggs look like the color/pattern that the pearls laid last year. The others are much lighter and not speckled.
I’ve been finding one to two eggs a day the past couple days now. I’m at ten in the incubator.
14141DD5-8117-43B0-BED0-FE5F121D12C7.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom