Arg!!! Book Issues!!!

rodriguezpoultry

Langshan Lover
11 Years
Jan 4, 2009
Claremore, OK
I am having issues...I think I have addiction problems.

It all started with Harry Potter. I did not want to read the books. Then I saw the first Harry Potter movie on HBO. So...I started reading them. I was completely absorbed by them. I loved being taken into another world where every-day problems were so much "less".

Now...darn it all...I have found another set of books that has me completely entrenched. I am addicted to the Twilight Series. When I go to school...all I can think about is "OMG! How is she going to deal with this!"

How on EARTH can someone read and not get completely absorbed into the books???

Sorry but that is how books are! At least all the Twilight books are out and you won't have to wait MONTHS for the next one. Have you read all the Twilight books yet?

Not yet...and it's KILLING me. I was to the point...I was on pins and needles and went onto Wikipedia to make sure...ya know? LOL

There's just SOME things that shouldn't be written about and expect to read through the ENTIRE book to find out! LOL

ETA: Howdy neighbor!!!! I'm about 30 mins from you! LOL

Last edited:
Shame on you! (but I don't blame you - I too have been known to skip ahead a few pages to find out!)

What's happening in your book? Who is your favorite character?

Oh hey - just saw your edit - glad we're in the same neighborhood!

Last edited:
Books should grab you like that - that is the beauty of reading! The Twilight series is amazing - I have read them all in a run and loved them. My daughter has read the first 3 but I will not send her the 4th as she will never get her uni work done!! She can wait until she comes home at Easter! You should try the Pellinor series - they are also very good.

So far...idk...I can relate with all of them. I don't like the main character Bella. She seems whiny and not as outspoken as I'd like.

I prefer Alice and Edward. Edward because he puts everything into perspective and Alice because...heck...who DOESN'T want a friend that's a vampire?! LOL

Next it would be Jacob...she's GOT to find a way to get back with his "friend" status! lol!

I "guess" you could say that I'm reading the 3rd book now. You know...the little chapter at the back of the preceding books? Yeah...that's where I'm at. She and him are making plans...and she's resisting him on the whole union thing.

I "sighed" when I read his proposal! lol

The Twilight series won't let you down. Just when you can't figure out how things can possibly work, there will be a twist that you never thought of. I kind of didn't like Bella as much, either. I am a Jacob fan - I would much rather be warm than be cold...ya know?

No, you're not nuts! I sometimes take a book to work and go sit in my car at lunch and read - but I have to set the alarm on my cell phone to tell me when to stop and go back to work - so I know how you feel at school thinking about your book!

BTW I looked at the pics of your birds from your link...very nice.

Alice is by far my favorite character. Her personality, special ability, being in an asylum, and funky style of dress all appeal to me. In short, Alice ROCKS.
I'm behind, so very far behind... I'm only about 1/20th of the way through New Moon!

Back
Top Bottom