Arizona Chickens

TT! :

Quote:
That was a really nice thing to say, I'm flattered! I'm definitely not a photographer (and my poor camera is held together with duct tape) but I could give it a try! It would be fun
smile.png

Thanks! I'll let you know if we get desperate. I hate to waste your time if we are going to have to, gulp, eat them anyway. Your photos are really nice!​

So sorry hope they fill better.

Yesterday I got home from work and no egg. I was like well I guess the heat she cant lay everyday as I only have one hen laying right now. Went in the house brought out some cold watermelon and was watering the garden and I look around and there was an egg right on the concreet patio that wasnt there before she is a great layer even though there kind of little. Can't wait until the others start. Have been putting bottles of frozen water out daily and Marlene goes out through out the day and wets the yard down for them Any other suggestions to fight the heat.

Quote:

Last edited:
Check this out!
FREE!

This birdcage was built for outdoor use with Zebra Finch. Its dimensions are: 4 1/2 feet (L) x 2 1/2 feet (W) x 4 feet (H). It sets on a stand making it about 5 feet tall. Nice for outdoor patio areas. Comes with 2 male Zebra Finch, nests, perches and food.

Available this minute because it needs a truck to move and alas, my Odyssey is incapable even if I could leave the house. Birds are outdoor birds, used to heat and cold. LOVE zebra finches!

Last edited:
Here's Flo ... such a sweet baby!!! I think we're going to give her a bath and a blow dry later, pamper her a little - LOL! Oh, it's so funny, it's a few of the Seramas that are picking on her a little (mostly Mama Cass), the big chickens don't. She's much bigger than them too, silly Flo!
80800_img_3117_flo.jpg

And here's everyone trying to cool off in the damp sand, every chicken is in the big coop. Usually every chicken is in the Serama coop - much smaller - LOL!
80800_img_3115.jpg

Last edited:
Here's some of the chicks ... didn't upload pictures of every Ameraucana.
Here's the one that came from a big egg, looks FBCM
80800_img_3105.jpg

Here's the one that came from the pullet egg, more brown colored
80800_img_3106.jpg

One of the Ameraucanas
80800_img_3108.jpg

And, last but not least, Chicken Little
80800_img_3112.jpg

Chicken Little after bath #3
80800_img_3113.jpg

Chicken Little will need more baths to get the crunchy egg ick off. Not sure he will thrive, but we'll see, give it his best shot. He might be one that shouldn't have been helped, because he is still pretty weak and uncoordinated, even with electrolytes. Time will tell! He's a fighter though. I'm having the worst time getting the crunchies off of his face, which makes his eye look funny because the skin is pulled a little. I don't want to burn his eyes with soap and I don't have any baby shampoo. Will have to get some later.

Quote:
Flo is so pretty. The FBCM looking one has a twin here, we call her BB. The two with polish influence are yet to be named. I have a runty Americauna, sleeps alot and is tiny. One note: None of these are growing as quickly as the last hatch. I bought chicken crumbles by the pound. Am going back to organic chick crumbles, until then supplementing with mash--which they love to eat.

Quote:
It was nice to meet you too, Michelle! I love the Progressive commercials! Flo is funny...and I DO think glitter and unicorns go together!

Our animals often have multiple nicknames. My son has a cat named Vash. However, he far more often gets called Fuzzy, The Velveteen Kitten (not so much since his short velvety fur is much longer, and he is no longer a kitten) and several others. Other son's cat is named Kittie, but often gets called Kit-A' (not quite sure how to spell that: Kit then l-o-n-g A). Both often get called Rat-Breath (for which we are quite happy). Thanks to them, the dog and a massive yard cleanup we no longer have a roof rat infestation.

Anyways, I hope Fuzzy Flo fits into your family nicely!

And Happy Birthday!

Thanks again!!!
smile.png
. Forgot to ask can silkies make it up to a three foot high roost? If not I have a perch I can put in.

Most won't, but some do. If you put a ladder up to the roost, or cinder blocks to jump up like stairs, it might help. Flo is used to sleeping on the "shelf" part of her pen.

Quote:
I had one chick (came in the mail) that I had to pay special attention to constantly for 2 weeks. Every day I thougt she was not going to make it. I recognized her for a long time because she kept being tiny. Now at about 10 weeks I can't tell anymore
big_smile.png
. She is doing just fine! (I know it's a girl because I only had one rooster out of 7 of that breed).
Sure yourswill be just peachy!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom