Arizona Chickens

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by paynemom, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Beckyhsinglsc

Beckyhsinglsc Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    My Coop
    Quote:How old are the pullets? If they are at least 18 weeks they can eat the layer, so can the roosters.
    The chicks need starter now, grower btwn weeks 8 and 18 and then layer is OK to feed.

2. kevs-chickadees

kevs-chickadees Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2011
    Mesa AZ
    I've got 1 pullet and roo at 14 weeks and 2 pullets, 2 roos at 11 weeks.[​IMG]

3. nurseshelly

nurseshelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Gilbert AZ
    Quote:I did the flock raiser or turkey/game bird starter until all of mine were old enough to eat layer pellets. My 6 standard hens have given us 4 -5 eggs a day, almost every day, all summer on the flock raiser or turkey/game bird starter (Purina is the Flock Raiser, and most other brands call it turkey or game bird starter). We have almost 7 dozen right now because we can't keep up, even though we made two quiches last week and used almost two dozen - LOL! I guess it's time to deliver a few dozen to the neighbors! I had the oyster shell available in all of the coops. Actually, now that they are on layer pellets, I'm still keeping the oyster shell available [​IMG]

4. southerndesert

southerndesert B & M Chicken Ranch

Jun 17, 2011
    Morristown, AZ
    Well been trying unsuccessfully to trap a skunk for 2 weeks, but our Healer Ginger nailed it last night and got sprayed big time. Not sure how the skunk fared, but poor Ginger is now one stinky girl [​IMG]

Smells like the darn thing is now under the house and perhaps injured or dying....

The skunk sprayed enough the whole neighborhood reeked....

So how is your day going [​IMG]

5. pimachickens

pimachickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Tucson
    Quote:Oh no! I'm so sorry. [​IMG]

6. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa

May 6, 2010
    Tucson
    My Coop
    I kinda like the smell of skunk. [​IMG]

Preferably from far away and not dead under the house. [​IMG]

7. pastrymama

pastrymama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2010
    Phoenix
    oh yuck! so sorry bill! i remember as a kid, my aunt would take us to "preskitt" and her silly doberman would run out in the woods at night behind the house and get sprayed. she would stay up all night giving that dumb dog a bath with tomato puree. the dog still smelled [​IMG]

8. pastrymama

Apr 30, 2010
    Phoenix
    so i picked up my feed at pawsitive foods yesterday, had a major migraine and didn't open the bags until this morning. they were buggy. cripes!!!!!! i called them up, he was ever so sorry, he will refund my money, but no more shipments until the 1st of november! [​IMG] darnnit! he said he will call the Kruse rep to complain and i will try again in a month. until then, it's back to "the other store for manna pro". unless someone from wickenburg is passing through and can stop at serenity and pick me up 2 bags of kruse layer pellets? [​IMG]

9. pastrymama

Apr 30, 2010
    Phoenix
    ok, new source for Kruse! C&H Hay Barn!!!!!!!!!! It's 14.20 if you pay cash for lay pellets. in stock NOW!!!! on cave creek road, one block south of bell on the west side. you know, near pet food depot! further for me, closer for you mahonri and mama hen. why didn't anyone ever think to go THERE!!!!!!!! open seven days a week. no, i don't work there......silly.

10. pastrymama

Apr 30, 2010
    Phoenix
    so, does anyone have a crane? not the bird, the mechanical kind? just got a coop, but can't get it into the backyard, don't have an rv gate and this thing must weigh 3-4 hundred pounds and needs to go over a 6 foot block wall. i can't afford the 350+ that it costs to have a crane come out to lift it over. it was a free coop, but somehow it really shouldn't sit on my driveway. anyone to help, please? i bake!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by