Arizona Chickens

I read in a chickens magazine that feeding chickens a higher amount of protein during hot weather helps keep them laying eggs. Not sure if it is true...but I still get egg
smile.png
s daily from my 3 girls! I give them layer feed (18%) and flock raiser (22%) that they have full access too all the time, so they may choose what they want. How is everyone elses egg endeavors going?
we get 5-6 eggs a week from each of our year old layers. The newbies are not on a regular schedule yet. out of 6 laying, i get 3-6 eggs a day. Yesterday our 7th layer started.

One of my two youngest laid her first egg yesterday. It's the white egg on the left. All others shown for color and size comparison.

Yesterday we got 6 eggs from our 7 layers. It possible that another laid her first egg, so that would make it 6 from 8 layers.

Last edited:
I read in a chickens magazine that feeding chickens a higher amount of protein during hot weather helps keep them laying eggs. Not sure if it is true...but I still get egg
smile.png
s daily from my 3 girls! I give them layer feed (18%) and flock raiser (22%) that they have full access too all the time, so they may choose what they want. How is everyone elses egg endeavors going?
I had a thought to supplement with kitty kibble.

Cat food is around 30% protein but I don't know if there is anything else harmful to chickens.

Although there was one family on the Tour de coop that fed exclusively cat food...

Back
Top Bottom