Arizona Chickens

That is a beautiful owl! Oh, to have such beautiful creatures around. The largest birds I tend to see in my yard are pidgeons. I guess I should be thankful I don't have to worry about predators yet.
Anybody eat pidgeon? I hear it's marketed as Squibb. Just curious about the flavor.

You aren't supposed to eat squibs, even if they are basically muggles.

I was not able to find out. She was not egg bound or anything. Always access to fresh food and water. I have no explanation. Clean poop and intestines, at least as far as I can tell.
My wife and girls took it better than I thought. My eight year old cried, but she had milk and that makes her emotionally on edge.
I'm sorry
sad.png

That is a beautiful owl! Oh, to have such beautiful creatures around. The largest birds I tend to see in my yard are pidgeons. I guess I should be thankful I don't have to worry about predators yet.

Anybody eat pidgeon? I hear it's marketed as Squibb. Just curious about the flavor.

Pigeons were brought to this country for food. They are very popular in a lot of country's. One recipe calls for them to be broasted, then stuffed with aromatic spices, rice, and dried fruit, then fried until crisp. A lot of cooking for a little bird.

HAHAHAHA........I GOT IT!!!!!!

I am looking for a couple, but my wife wants chicks that are younger than a week old. I appreciate the offer, though!
I'll send BeeHappy a message shortly and see about stopping by. I think she was in the Gilbert Mesa area, which might be the direction we come back through from Texas tomorrow. I think she was the one who said her friend goes to Heber, too, so that might be an option, too.
if you want silkie chicks under a week old, your best best is a feed store. they don't get them in very often and when they do, they are straight run and gone in a flash. they won't be pretty and fluffy like the ones you see on the silkie threads on here. hatchery quality silkies vs. breeder quality silkies are like........taking a hairless cat and rubbing a glue stick all over it and then rolling the cat in shredded coconut and calling that a silkie. sorry, i am very partial to my silkies
hide.gif

if you want silkie chicks under a week old, your best best is a feed store. they don't get them in very often and when they do, they are straight run and gone in a flash. they won't be pretty and fluffy like the ones you see on the silkie threads on here. hatchery quality silkies vs. breeder quality silkies are like........taking a hairless cat and rubbing a glue stick all over it and then rolling the cat in shredded coconut and calling that a silkie. sorry, i am very partial to my silkies
hide.gif

Noel: What colors would these boys be? I need to put an ad on Craigslist this week,

I need to find them a new home now.
hit.gif

Dabney crows during the day now.

Cecil has a low crow and.

Quote: squab
Oops! Yeah, I don't want to eat muggle. I hear they are really tough to swallow, very salty and almost all fat these days.
hide.gif
Well darn. Are you due for any hatchings the next few months that I could buy in on? If I'm going to suffer through Silkies, I do want them looking their best. And my wife always gets only the best, too. I spoil her too much... ;-)

Back
Top Bottom