Arizona Chickens

Quote: Blondie's nail curve & twist a bit.. So her issue could be genetic??
Who knows,,,my nails sometimes curve and twist when they get long...and sometimes they don;t. I've never read anything about toe nail growth in any of the literature. If Blondie was on concrete or other hard surface, she would probably wear them down...

The info on the State Fair on the chicken part.

I dearly would like to attend the auction, anyone else?

POULTRY:
OWNERSHIP DEADLINE:........................................September 11
ENTRY DEADLINE:..................................................September 24 ARRIVAL.........................Tuesday, October 15, 5:00 pm – 9:00pm JUDGING:......................................................October 16, 9:00 am
SALE OF CHAMPIONS AUCTION.............. Sun., Oct. 27, 4:00 pm
RELEASE: ........................................Sunday, October 20, 5:00

Anyone going to be in it?
FYI, Sale of Champions as far as poultry is concerned is market (meat) turkeys only.

I'm not going to enter any birds, but I want to see the show. Maybe a group of us could go.
Different smallstock rotate through the fair: cavies and rabbits one week, poultry the next and then pigeons. The last week of the fair is more of a display of various kinds of everything, and not a competition. Animals arrive on Tuesday evenings and are released Sunday evenings. So, nothing is on display on Tuesdays.

Who knows,,,my nails sometimes curve and twist when they get long...and sometimes they don;t. I've never read anything about toe nail growth in any of the literature.  If Blondie was on concrete or other hard surface, she would probably wear them down...

That was the thing. She was on our pavers a lot. There was plenty of grass, but all the chickens prefer to hang out on the pavers...and poop. Anyway, City got Blondie from me and none of my other chickens have the nail or beak problem.

Notinoz: I'm sorry to hear about your bathroom leak, that can be a really unpleasant and expensive problem. Once you have the walls opened up, wipe down the studs with straight bleach to kill any mold that might be starting in there, that is one of the things that the dry out companies did when I had damage from much more extensive leaks. Ripping up the carpet and staining or putting down tile is a really good idea. I've ripped up carpet a few times, and no matter how well kept the carpet is, the floor underneath always looks disgusting. I'm personally convinced that wall to wall carpet is a mistake that should be fixed.
I hear you on wanting to get projects *done*, I'm finally getting the half wall between the kitchen and dining room finished, and I should get a vent hood installed soon, and I'm *so* happy about that. Of course, now time is getting taken from that to renovate the back bedroom/office, which we had been using for storage. Luckily that will be pretty cheap, just replacing drywall on the ceiling and one wall, and then painting, taking up the old carpet, putting down new flooring and baseboards.

Mold is a funny thing. I work and have worked with dry out companies, former mold remediation, Ins companies, very experienced plumbers, etc. Just some facts; it takes at least three conditions for mold to form and grow. Lack of light, lack of air movement, and a food source (water). If any of these 3 are removed the mold will die. Simply fixing the leak and in time allowing the space to dry out will solve the mold problem. 1 out of several thousand are suseptible to getting sick from mold. 1 out of several million are in danger of dieing from the condition when white mold fights with black mold and releases the toxins. I love walking in to fix a leak when the place has been quarintined and the workers are in hazmat suits and resperators and I'm dressed as a normal person off of the street, kinda kills their propaganda. I hate it when companies knowingly screw homeowners or their insurance people. Straight bleach is a good thing and I'm surprised they told you that, kinda takes away from their showmanship. Bleach and water in a spray bottle will do the same and no the added water will not hurt or add to the current water/mold problem like they will tell you. I could go on and on.....and I need a spell check.
roll.png

Thinking ahead, can anyone give me an idea of how hard it will be to find local takers for a couple of roosters? I'm only getting five chicks, lavender Ameracaunas and Black Copper Marans. I couldn't sleep last night thinking about what happens if they're ALL roosters?!! My little girl will be devastated and to be honest, so probably will I. I'd hate for them to end up as someone's dinner but is that their most likely fate?

Hoping someone can give me good news...

Thinking ahead, can anyone give me an idea of how hard it will be to find local takers for a couple of roosters? I'm only getting five chicks, lavender Ameracaunas and Black Copper Marans. I couldn't sleep last night thinking about what happens if they're ALL roosters?!! My little girl will be devastated and to be honest, so probably will I. I'd hate for them to end up as someone's dinner but is that their most likely fate?

Hoping someone can give me good news...

Are the chicks straight run or sexed? Sometimes folks here on the AZ thread will take them, other times they have to be put on Craig's List if you can't find someone. Some people eat them too.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom