Arizona Chickens

Ahhh, the things we do for our chickens...your a good Moma
highfive.gif
AW im so happy to hear u say that as this is my first time raising them...i want to be the best i can at it.

:jumpy I brought back some eggs from Flower. I have 3 blue eggs peeping and rocking..... May be new life soon. Maybe others not sure. It is really a day early. Hatching is when hatching is...... :celebrate A lot can still happen between the pep, the Rock, and the zip so. :fl Angle is figuring it out and getting it done.

Fabulous!!! Can't wait to see them..
When you time I would love to see photos of the chicks from us?? Our new babies are from flower & maryhysong.. My D.H was suppose
to down load the photos from 2013 this week. Then the computor crashed.. I am hoping to post photos from last year, beginning of this
year.. Boy I tell ya, it is always something..

Well I woke up this morning and the gold laced wyandotte had poop stuck to her backside.. so i got a warm washcloth and set it up next to it for awhile while i got out some olive oil... cleaned it off and put olive oil around her butt... also put a little on all the chicks vent areas... then got some whole oats and grinded them up..and put it on top of their feed and put the rest in a zip lock baggie... then went outside grabbed a shovel and pulled up a small area of grass and dirt and set it inside the brooder.. and mixed up a electrolight & probiotic and mixed with their water..
I forgot to add to my ovation that sometimes pasty butt can be attributed to too high of temps in the brooder.

I forgot to add to my ovation that sometimes pasty butt can be attributed to too high of temps in the brooder.
the chicks this morning were really cold.. (house isnt the best insulated) it was 80 in their brooder and the house was 68... when i turned the house temp up to 74 the temp rose in the brooder to the correct temp.. i may need to lower the house temp a little now.. like keep it at 72

Back
Top Bottom