Arizona Chickens

Hi
big_smile.png
, I live in Prescott Valley, less hot here than down in Phoenix. I originally bought my chicks and raised them from Washington State. I brought them here over the summer and they been doing pretty well. I'm currently going to buy more chicks/chickens in hatcheries. And sorry for that chick that died.
Cal-Ranch in Prescott seems to have the best chicks. Bought all mine there. Just bought 6 more and I've never had problem number one with any chicks getting sick or dying. All seem to be really healthy. They get their chicks from Dunlap Hatchery and I investigated them and they have an excellent track record. Chicks are all vaccinated for Mereck's disease. I live in Chino Valley. My best friend lives in Washington State. She lives out in the Port Angeles area in a little town called Joyce.

[COLOR=4B0082]Well I woke up this morning and the gold laced wyandotte had poop stuck to her backside.. so i got a warm washcloth and set it up next to it for awhile while i got out some olive oil... cleaned it off and put olive oil around her butt... also put a little on all the chicks vent areas... then got some whole oats and grinded them up..and put it on top of their feed and put the rest in a zip lock baggie... then went outside grabbed a shovel and pulled up a small area of grass and dirt and set it inside the brooder.. and mixed up a electrolight & probiotic and mixed with their water.. [/COLOR]

Ahhh, the things we do for our chickens...your a good Moma :highfive:

Hi :D , I live in Prescott Valley, less hot here than down in Phoenix. I originally bought my chicks and raised them from Washington State. I brought them here over the summer and they been doing pretty well. I'm currently going to buy more chicks/chickens in hatcheries. And sorry for that chick that died.

So glad you your on here...& :welcome

True, he's an awesome God. Also my mother didn't die though neither my baby chick, I was reading a 2008 post, I didn't noticed till I read the date.

This is off the subject but we have a Southern Gospel Quartet and we are looking for a second tenor. Our tenor left us after 17 years and we have been unable to find a replacement so if any of you know of anyone or anyone who knows of anyone. They need to be able to sing a part and be somewhat of a professional. We are putting out feelers everywhere. Thanks.

I buy steel cut oats from the Organic Grocers and my chickens love that, slightly ground up.  I give it to them about once a week.  So far I've never ever had pasty butt.  Old home remedies are sometimes better than all the new fangled stuff out on the market.  I'm not against all the medications, etc. but I like to try the natural route first.  Anything to keep to the total organic standards. Also into holistic/homeopathic herbal medicines.  I've cured my gout an kidney stones with herbs with no side effects and far less expensive than Uloric for gout.

:goodpost:

Back
Top Bottom