Arizona Chickens

But It's a DRY heat.
somad.gif

So VERY dry, at least until July or so...

:thumbsup Many, many thanks to City Farm! She sent me a PM this morning and told me there was an 1891 Argentine Mauser firing pin on eBay. This really surprised me, as eBay has historically been very anti-gun, A few years back, they bought out PayPal, and I used to get threatening termination letters from PayPal every time I bought any gun parts online. Here is a pic of the 1891 carbine..... Oddly enough, while I was searching for the firing pin, I ran across 14 listings for 1891 Argentine bayonets. Most of them were for the rifle, not the carbine, and they are not interchangeable. I did find one listing for the correct bayonet, but it is listed at $250 +$22 shipping. Maybe next payday..... @K9Dave here is a better pic of my Remmy 700 "predator" rifle, with a desert camo DuraCoat finish....
What does that weigh? Love it. Thanks again to LIl Chicken, City Farm and Sill. It was great meeting you guys and putting faces to names. Everyone's very nice and generous with the seeds. I hope that I have luck with them.

What does that weigh? Love it.

Thanks again to LIl Chicken, City Farm and Sill. It was great meeting you guys and putting faces to names. Everyone's very nice and generous with the seeds. I hope that I have luck with them.
The rifle itself is 13 pounds as pictured. The stock alone weighs 6 pounds, it is composite exterior with an internal aluminum frame that runs from the fore end down thru the pistol grip. All the hardware for the adjustable comb and buttplate add to it. The adjustable comb and buttplate come in really handy when shooting different positions. The bipod legs are extendable, and have different feet for shooting off different surfaces. The result is a very stiff stock, and a very stiff barrel, but I can put 5 shots inside a half inch circle at 100 yards.
The case with rifle and all tools and accessories is 35 pounds, but I have everything I need to completely disassemble and clean on board, and extra screws, pins, springs, etc., even including a lens cleaning kit for the scope. Even a few spare magazines for a quick reload. I really hate going out shooting and getting shut down for a missing screw or broken spring or something.

Last edited:
Thank you to city farm, sil, and K9Dave for meeting us to grt the seed box. It was a great time.
Ty to Desert Marcy for meeting us this am to get the feed.
Ty for the quail eggs and the candle and the chap stick.
I forgot the tea info city farm can you send it to me?

Thank you to city farm, sil, and K9Dave for meeting us to grt the seed box. It was a great time.

I'm so glad the seed box made it to Phoenix. Who has it now? Who wants it next?

I'm extremely new too. When I first got my chicks and they are the same age as yours, but they face planted and even laid on their side.
was so scared I posted pics to the great people hear for answers. They were just tuckered out.

They are so BIG now. 2 buff orps and 1 Ameruacana. The Amer is the boss. Got a pre fab Hen House from Shoppers, and she scoots the others up to the roost in the evening or when the dog sits to watch. It's still sitting in the family room. Still afraid to put them outside in this heat.

we are looking into the Nipple system for water and to put up some shade screen before we put them out. DH is afraid they are getting spoiled with the AC.

Any suggestions on "when" to put them out? They just have wings and tails now. will no longer fit in the tea cup.....

@rhondita55, I agree with everyone else, the sooner the better. This heat is not going to get any better any time soon and so the longer they stay in the house, the harder it'll be to acclimate to the heat. What temperature do you keep your AC at? Hopefully not too cool. I'd look into getting a mister system too. They are pretty inexpensive. Even just one of the mister snakes will do in a pinch. But at the moment because they've been inside and we are into summer, they are at a disadvantage in terms of acclimating them to the heat. Make sure they have lots of water, pans of water to sit in if they need it, plentiful shade and misters. They'll need a little extra help over the next few weeks until they get used to the heat. Keep an eye on them. And once they are out, they are out. Don't bring them back into the house to cool off because it'll just make it harder on them. If you need any ideas or suggestions for keeping cool, just ask. :)

And welcome, btw.

Last edited:

Yes, great time with ya all...:highfive:
We have it now.. Gona host a seed exchange on the forth of July, potluck.. Will post closer to then..

Thank you little chciken for all of your time getting it here.. :weee.

Love to hear about your farm.. !!

Back
Top Bottom