Arizona Chickens

Quote:
hmmmmmmm do you watch Steven Universe, or We Bear Bears?

Ohhhh almost-adulting is so fun!!

I'm getting ready to move out as well, I have all of my winter stuff packed (Since I will be moved out by winter time) as well as stuff I dont use (Will probably sell later on for a bit of extra cash when I really need it. Or donate stuff I can't sell. Or Pawn shops. or something. I have a whole bin og the G2 and G3 MLP figures from when i was little, one is worth like $700 according to the official site. We'll see about that at the pawn shop XD)

I'll be getting married before I move out of course, that way fiance and I can get stationed together when he gets his orders. (Im really stressing about where my poor hens are gonna go. I really dont want to leave them with my parents and brothers, my borthers wont take care of them right or show them any love.... and the school isn't even an option the people there are idiots when it comes to proper/ethical animal care) and im not positive the military lifestyle will let me take them with me.

If anything I just want to take my polish and my sultan hen with me, they are the youngest (Well almost I got 2 california white chicks but they are hardy and my brothers would be okay with caring for them and my bigger hen flock) and the most suceptible to carelessness at my house and they are like my babies. I might find a way to make them house pets or something similar. I've got diapers for both so thats a start I guess. and I have a coop on wheels that is big enough for 4 birds but fits in the space of am indoor rabbit hutch.

I'm actually moving to Texas for a bit while fiance is in boot camp/basic/a-school/tech school.

hmmmmmmm do you watch Steven Universe, or We Bear Bears?

Ohhhh almost-adulting is so fun!!

As a career almost adult (my oldest is 23, youngest is 8, with 2 in between and I've never stopped watching cartoons since I was a kid), I absolutely HATE these shows. My 2 youngest can't stand them either.

I can remember a time when we thought SBSP and Ed, Edd, and Eddie were the absolute worst shows to ever be created, and now we realize just how terribly wrong we were. Seems like eery generation there are some decent ones on, but the majority are just stinkers. In general, if Genndy Tartakovsky or a Mothersbaugh are involved, it won't suck. Of the ones out now that are still airing new episodes, we like The Loud House, SW Rebels, Milo Murphy's Law (but the release schedule on that is sporadic and I'm not sure Disney decided to renew it), and Star Vs the Forces of Evil (this one my daughter likes).

Every generation has their favorites, but very few will stand the test of time.

I haven't watched those two but I know of them. Some of my other favorites are SpongeBob (always love that show!), Gravity Falls, Bravest Warriors, and Adventure Time. I also love a lot of the more adult cartoons like Bob's Burgers, Rick and Morty, Family Guy, and The Regular Show.

I would love to start collecting some MLP figures but I've refrained from buying too much before I move. Once I have a pay check I look forward to treating myself to more littles things like that (And adding to my collection of DVDs!)

I just finished my new coop. It's actually an addition that grew to be much bigger than the original and cost about double what I budgeted. Oops!

This is the new building. It's 8' x 8' square and about 8ft at the highest point.

Inside the addition:

The poop boards - thanks to all the great ideas I found on BYC!

It's the little things in life.
love.gif

Thanks for looking. I used an enormous amount of advice I read in the coop section. Thanks to BYC for being such an amazing resource!

Poop boards are just under the roosts in your coop. It catches the overnight poop. You don't have to clean the floor (which is usually way bigger) and you just clean off the board. I clean my board sometimes daily but when I'm feeling less than good at least 3 or 4 times a week. I would suggest it be some type of easy to clean smooth surface - maybe like linoleum so you can do a deep clean a few times a year (I screwed this part up and still need to replace mine! - makes for interesting cleaning!). All in all it just keeps a cleaner coop. Chime in others so there are other opinions.

I am most curious about the Chicken Fountain and whether the water stays cool enough for the chickens to drink. I still use open pans for my girls so they can get their feet in the cooler water when its way, way hot. And believe me I have 7 pans and have seen them all full!! I have also been curious about a Grandpa's feeder as to whether it gets too hot to use as its made from metals - even when in the shade. Just some of that inquiring minds stuff!

Last edited:
I use deep litter so the poop goes right on the floor. I mix it up a couple times a week and use a hudson sprayer to dampen everything before I stir.

I feed in glass bowls so I don't know about the feeder. We put small frozen water bottles in gallon waterers in the mornings with cool water and there are 3 waterers for 6 chickens.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom