Arizona Chickens

Wishing you a good time on your vacation.:thumbsup
Just thought to share this melody post.:caf
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/songs-we-like.1182274/page-120#post-21444946
lol, I knew when to "walk away" , they got my 100.00 towards their electric bill and that was all they were getting. It was a enjoyable trip even though I had to make two trips a day. One in the morning to check on everyone and then in the evening. The valet's were probably thinking "damn here she comes again" oh, well, they got tipped for their efforts. We have hatch this AM and a buddy getting ready too. Waiting on everyone else, day 21 today.
20190628_092318.jpg
20190628_103502.jpg

Congrat's on the hatch @starri33 ! Mine aren't due to hatch until a few more day's!

My Naked Neck rooster Charley is ready for re-homing if anyone want's him. He has never been aggressive to people, and he's good with the hen's. He turned a year old this past February. I bought a new cockerel that I will be replacing him with for breeding, as I kept a few of Charley's daughter's.

Good evening all. I just joined BYC today, but I've followed several posts. I just started out with chickens after I had 2 dogs had to be put down 5 months apart.
Anyways, I got 4 babies from TCS, don't remember what she told me they were breed wise. Then got 2 more later that day, they were older though. So since I'm chicken learning I have a ton of questions.
Twin 1 and Twin 2 I'm pretty sure are Buff Orphingtons. I think Nugget and Phoenix are Rhode Island Reds. Duck looks like maybe an Easter Egger. But Fluffy... I have no idea what kind of chicken she is, any ideas?

Attachments

• 20190628_190756.jpg
    20190628_190756.jpg
    807.5 KB · Views: 3
Good evening all. I just joined BYC today, but I've followed several posts. I just started out with chickens after I had 2 dogs had to be put down 5 months apart.
Anyways, I got 4 babies from TCS, don't remember what she told me they were breed wise. Then got 2 more later that day, they were older though. So since I'm chicken learning I have a ton of questions.
Twin 1 and Twin 2 I'm pretty sure are Buff Orphingtons. I think Nugget and Phoenix are Rhode Island Reds. Duck looks like maybe an Easter Egger. But Fluffy... I have no idea what kind of chicken she is, any ideas?

Hello, and welcome! Nice of you to chat with us here! I think the chicken in your picture might be a Dominic? What part of AZ. are you in?

Ok, I'm not so far from you then. I'm in Maricopa.
Not far at all. I think this is the dirt capital of the world.
I did look up the Dominic chicken breed. The chick pictures look just like her when she was small. But as she grows her feathers look more like stars against the night sky.
How long you been hanging with chicks? I'm so new to this, I know I'm gonna screw something up!!

Not far at all. I think this is the dirt capital of the world.
I did look up the Dominic chicken breed. The chick pictures look just like her when she was small. But as she grows her feathers look more like stars against the night sky.
How long you been hanging with chicks? I'm so new to this, I know I'm gonna screw something up!!

I've been having chicken's for 3 1/2 years now. I started with Australorp's, but no longer have those. I'm currently doing the Naked Neck's, and am just starting out getting into the Silkie's also. You won't be screwing up something if you come here and ask. We are here to help. :D

Back
Top Bottom