Arizona Chickens

Hi all! I am in Mayer Arizona. Plant fruit trees around the coop. My tall peach tree shades it and their run and the falling leaves or fruit is a benefit for my chickens!

Hello, and welcome to chatting with us on our Arizona state thread! Nice to meet you! What breed or breed's of chicken's do you have?

I've been having chicken's for 3 1/2 years now. I started with Australorp's, but no longer have those. I'm currently doing the Naked Neck's, and am just starting out getting into the Silkie's also. You won't be screwing up something if you come here and ask. We are here to help. :D
Thank you for your support.
I'm having a great time with them so far, they each have there own little personalities, likes and dislikes. I have 6 so it's quite entertaining. Right now I have Twin 1, and Twin 2 I think are Buff O and Duck, I think is an Americana. Then there's Phoenix (HP) and Nugget, I think they are RIR. Finally is Fluffy she's black with white specks, I think you said maybe a Dominic. The twins were around a month old when I got them all the others I got at TSC right before Easter.
When should I be seeing development of their combs and wattles? They all have combs but are really small and pale in color. Nobody has a wattle yet, I can say that Twin 1 has a lot more pink skin in her face and the edge's next to her beak are bright.

Just made a ebay bid on Rare Standard Blue Splash Ameraucana Hatching Eggs. 18+ count, my bid is 35.00 with free shipping. hoping that is a good one and that I have a decent hatch.. so far I've gotten 6 with # 7 on his way out of the 21 eggs in the big incubator.

Good luck with the ebay egg's, and congrats on what you now have hatching!

Thank you for your support.
I'm having a great time with them so far, they each have there own little personalities, likes and dislikes. I have 6 so it's quite entertaining. Right now I have Twin 1, and Twin 2 I think are Buff O and Duck, I think is an Americana. Then there's Phoenix (HP) and Nugget, I think they are RIR. Finally is Fluffy she's black with white specks, I think you said maybe a Dominic. The twins were around a month old when I got them all the others I got at TSC right before Easter.
When should I be seeing development of their combs and wattles? They all have combs but are really small and pale in color. Nobody has a wattle yet, I can say that Twin 1 has a lot more pink skin in her face and the edge's next to her beak are bright.

If you are unsure of the breed's or gender's, you can always ask here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/what-breed-or-gender-is-this.15/

@BlueBaby , Thanks, I am hoping to get the bid, we have another out of the 21 count.. so 7 so far.. hoping for more, not expecting a 100% as there are at least 5 that I believe aren't fertile, day 14 & 17, they looked clear. I'll keep some out of this group and give the rest to my friend. I want my flock to grow, but I want new blood.. haven't decided yet if I'll keep the ebay group off to themselves so I don't taint the breed. We'll see, it would mean a different coop and run for them. probably more of a pain in the butt than it's worth, might just rehome the roo's I have now and keep one of the ones out of that group. That way at least a few of the eggs will be true to breed. Y'all have corrupted me, I've been looking at NN Eggs..lol.. Might have to sweet talk one of you into selling me eggs and then have hubby take me on another mini vacation.. drive down, get the eggs, stay the night and come back home the next morning. I switched the flock to "all flock" feed and they don't seem to be going through as much as they were with the layer pellets, so two full 15 lb hanging feeders should keep them over night. lol.

Hello, and welcome to chatting with us on our Arizona state thread! Nice to meet you! What breed or breed's of chicken's do you have?
I have frizzle bantams, sexlink,amberlink,buff orbington,marans,one egyptian fayoumi,silkie bantams,and red bantams. My photo shows my boys, Caido and Lego(they are either Adalusians or Minorcas. Can you tell from photo?

Back
Top Bottom