Arizona Chickens

I just got this brainstorm,,,,:caf
I see BlueBaby just posted a good suggestion above.:thumbsup
My thought is,,,,, Take a handful of oyster shells and mix them with a couple of eggs. Mix like for omelet. Then fry that mix , and serve. To chickens.:old

:yuckyuck When are you coming down here to cook for our chicken's? :gig

Hi everyone, Hope things are going well with the flocks... Been really bad last week here...lost three chickens, all to different things. :(

But, I am posting to ask if anyone has hatching eggs, main interest is creme legbar, but thinking about blue Australorp, or another I'd really like, the Crevecoeur...
Spoon, black Australorp, has decided that, at 6 yo, she wants to be a mommy (she was acting sick Friday, laid a soft shelled egg Saturday, then turned broody Sunday).
I have a couple queries out about Cream legbars, would prefer local, so I can get eggs under her ASAP, Paulden/Chino Valley/Prescott area.
Thanks!!

Hi everyone, Hope things are going well with the flocks... Been really bad last week here...lost three chickens, all to different things. :(

But, I am posting to ask if anyone has hatching eggs, main interest is creme legbar, but thinking about blue Australorp, or another I'd really like, the Crevecoeur...
Spoon, black Australorp, has decided that, at 6 yo, she wants to be a mommy (she was acting sick Friday, laid a soft shelled egg Saturday, then turned broody Sunday).
I have a couple queries out about Cream legbars, would prefer local, so I can get eggs under her ASAP, Paulden/Chino Valley/Prescott area.
Thanks!!

There's someone over in Mesa that has the Crested Cream Legbars. They have an ad in the Phoenix Craigslist pretty often in the Farm and Garden section.

Thanks! That is farther than I wanted to go... I think I saw hers before when I was looking earlier after my other disappointments (before I ended up with so many from, the TSC bins!). I am talking with Lazy H Ranch in CV, I think she'd missed my message earlier (FB is silly at times, and it was bogging down tonight), but she saw it now. Said the CCLs were taking a break last week. *crosses fingers*

ETA: Ooo, she said that they were in with a 4 mo BCM cockerel in addition to the CCL roo, which is even better actually, there might be a chance of an olive egger. Watch I get all roosters ! *haha*

Last edited:
Thanks! That is farther than I wanted to go... I think I saw hers before when I was looking earlier after my other disappointments (before I ended up with so many from, the TSC bins!). I am talking with Lazy H Ranch in CV, I think she'd missed my message earlier (FB is silly at times, and it was bogging down tonight), but she saw it now. Said the CCLs were taking a break last week. *crosses fingers*

I don't doubt that they slowed down. I have 1 CCLB hen that lay's blue egg's and she has slowed down also from what she had been laying. I think it's the heat.

Yeah, it's been getting pretty hot during the day here, too, Husband has frozen bottles of water he puts in the water pans, and he's been feeding them some watermelon.

It would be when it is getting pretty hot that Spoon decides she wants to sit in the nest boxes. They get pretty warm even though they are in the shady north side of the coop. I am planning to move her to a coop I'd bought for my future broodies. Mr. R, who is the current resident, won't be happy, he likes it in that one!

Yeah, it's been getting pretty hot during the day here, too, Husband has frozen bottles of water he puts in the water pans, and he's been feeding them some watermelon.

It would be when it is getting pretty hot that Spoon decides she wants to sit in the nest boxes. They get pretty warm even though they are in the shady north side of the coop. I am planning to move her to a coop I'd bought for my future broodies. Mr. R, who is the current resident, won't be happy, he likes it in that one!

So, since you have a rooster, don't you already have fertile egg's to give to her?

:) Remember how I told you ladies you were corrupting me on the NN's? well say hello to the newest members of the Johnson Flock, I am planning on adding some more come the end of the month :) Please tell me these are all pullets, lol, I'll try to get better pictures tomorrow, but they are suppose to be between 4 to 5 months, there are no obvious signs of them being cockerels/roo's. no large waddles, no large comb and all about the same size..

Attachments

• 20190703_125740.jpg
    20190703_125740.jpg
    342.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 20190703_125744.jpg
    20190703_125744.jpg
    402.5 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom