Arizona Chickens

So, since you have a rooster, don't you already have fertile egg's to give to her?

Not ones I was planning on, and I am not sure how much roostering they have been doing. I think this years pullets are too young IMO, as of yet, I would rather they get the laying down for a few weeks at least). I've read to," collect after they have been with the rooster you want to be the father exclusively for two weeks."
I know the polish has been after some of the older ones...Hmmm, since I have to wait until next week for some eggs I can put the one rooster with the hens until then...He was put in roo jail because he was loving on them too much.

:) Remember how I told you ladies you were corrupting me on the NN's? well say hello to the newest members of the Johnson Flock, I am planning on adding some more come the end of the month :) Please tell me these are all pullets, lol, I'll try to get better pictures tomorrow, but they are suppose to be between 4 to 5 months, there are no obvious signs of them being cockerels/roo's. no large waddles, no large comb and all about the same size..

Welcome to the Naked Neck Club! From what I can see of them they look like pullets to me at that age.

I had a black silkie hatch today, but it didn't make it. Waiting to see if the other's will hatch yet.

Welcome to the Naked Neck Club! From what I can see of them they look like pullets to me at that age.

I had a black silkie hatch today, but it didn't make it. Waiting to see if the other's will hatch yet.
I'm sorry to hear your baby didn't make it, how many more are you waiting on? I'm hoping their pullets. I'm striving to get my flock to 50, 48 hens and two roos, a friend is giving me a NN roo and 3 NN/Bresse mixes. So he'll have a harem.. lol.

Naked necks are so funny looking. My daughter has taken to them and kept a trio. I was only going to keep one for the novelty and diversity in the flock. Oh well, can't say know to the girl. She helps me take care of everything.

On to my question, are there any tricks to keeping the humidity up in the incubator? We are having to add water several times a day. The incubator is kept indoors in the living room and is not exposed to the elements.

D

Naked necks are so funny looking. My daughter has taken to them and kept a trio. I was only going to keep one for the novelty and diversity in the flock. Oh well, can't say know to the girl. She helps me take care of everything.

On to my question, are there any tricks to keeping the humidity up in the incubator? We are having to add water several times a day. The incubator is kept indoors in the living room and is not exposed to the elements.

D
https://incubatorwarehouse.com/humidikit.html

I have one, still haven't figured out the instructions yet, I believe it's @igorsMistress , that has one as well. I have a little Janeol 12 incubator, I need to add water a couple of times a day. Then have just bought a no name 24 ct incubator. You don't need to worry about it as much as the Janeol.

@starri33 They do look like pullets. You won't be sorry.
@JennyHeidewald I worry about the Crevecor (sp) breed as being tooooo feathered for our hot weather. IF I got one I would look for local and start in the fall when the weather cools and the chickies could get to hot weather in steps. My thoughts only....
@BlueBaby Thanks for asking. He is still in the hospital. They tried to step him down yesterday (second time) but it didn't work - back in ICU. His blood #s are very low again so giving him iron and a blood transfusion plus dialysis. We are still at the one day at a time.

Back
Top Bottom