Arizona Chickens

starri33
On another thread , person did an experiment. (it may have been for a 4H science project:idunno) Incubated 3 batches of eggs. 1 week old, 2 week old, and 3 week old. The results were GREAT for 1 week, GOOD for 2 week, and FAIR, for 3 week. but some still did hatch after 3 weeks:thumbsup
I would have to search DEEP, as it was on the Illinois thread, and it does get MUCH postings.
I would personally not refrigerate your eggs. Keep in home at room temperature.
There are a few threads here on hatching Trader Joe, Store purchased eggs. Not ALL trader Joe's, carry fertile eggs. Just because they are labeled FREE-RANGE, does not mean there was a rooster around for company.:gig
Thank you, I have hope for them.. :) I'll be setting the hatch here in a month or so, unless I decide to break out the big incubator..lol.

My little monsters from the hatch on 2/16/2020. The little yellow one is Houdini and upper right is Walker. The other two haven't told me what their names are yet.
1582122879301.png

@cavemanrich It look's like your DD will be able to enjoy many year's with her then, since she's only about 2 year's old. Are you adding any new one's to your flock this year?

@starri33 I'm sure that you will have name's for the other 2 soon. I have more of those blue/green NN hatching egg's over here this week, but they won't be going into my incubator, just in case you need more. :gig I just gave a dozen of those away yesterday to some friend's in Apache Junction that likes them for breakfast. They come out to the boat races with us. My DH had to go over there that way yesterday, so I told him to drop them off.

@cavemanrich It look's like your DD will be able to enjoy many year's with her then, since she's only about 2 year's old. Are you adding any new one's to your flock this year?
Not adding any just yet. The 3 that I have currently are a handful. :old
Here are the 2 amigos and 1 amiga. Youngest in this group is 13 the amiga. She is in picture, only head showing just left of the tree holder.
IMG_20161219_105024325_HDR.jpg

This was her 13 years ago as a puppy.:love
001 (4).JPG

Apologies for jumping in the middle of this thread, but it was suggested that I post here to help find new home my blue ameraucana. Any assistance with finding her a good home is appreciated!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...o-good-home-phoenix-az.1348056/#post-22188393
View attachment 2021888
Where in Phoenix are you? I have a mid sized backyard flock and could take her in and introduce her to them. Wouldn't mind using the coop for the bantams that my daughter wants to raise too.

I bought a super bright rechargeable flashlight from tractor supply and it shines through my marans eggs pretty well.

Thank's! Hopefully I won't be getting anymore of the Maran's egg's after this. I left 3 of them in there. (They haven't exploded, yet at least.) My hatch is due next Thursday!

I think that I got another double yolker out of one of my Barnevelder pullet's today. That egg is even bigger than the big egg that one of my Naked Neck hen lay's! That poor girl! It would be like a human woman trying to push out a watermelon! I hope that she will be ok!
yikes, have you ever seen the size ratio of a kiwi birds egg to its body?! huge!
edit:kiwi pics
kiwi_egg_by_shnook.jpg
southern_kiwi_eggs.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom