Laying Blue Ameraucana & Coop, etc. Free to Good Home (Phoenix, AZ)

RobertWilsonPMP

Hatching
Feb 8, 2020
Sadly, our girl, Margo, is in need of a new home (she's in Phoenix, AZ). She just turned three years old, and she's a great layer when not molting - She leaves us the most beautiful pale blue eggs. She's just about finishing her current molt - You can still see some of the pin feathers that haven't gotten all fluffy yet around her face in the first photo (taken this morning). She is currently alone, but I would prefer she goes to someone who already has a backyard flock and is comfortable with gradually introducing her to their flock. If you have any experience with this already, please share when responding. She used to have three other yard-mates, some of whom you can see in the other photo, but unfortunately, the others got into a poisoned animal in our back yard and passed away a couple months ago (yet another reason not to use poison for your rat problems).

She used to be the lowest in the pecking order, and was a little bit bashful. Since she's been by herself, she's gained some confidence; She'll even chase off the pigeons she doesn't like sometimes now, and she will eat berries and treats from our hands. If she runs out food in her coop, she lets us know by coming up to our back door and lightly tapping on the glass. She really is a sweet gal.

The coop in the photo, the feeder, a heat lamp, food, and anything else I have for her can go with her - I just want her to have a good home, and I feel terrible that we have to give her up. My wife has been fighting a bad foot injury, and we have a 10-month-old son, so we are moving back east (Baltimore) to be closer to family. I don't know the exact timing of the move just yet, but it probably won't be until early April. I wish we could take her along, but we don't even have any housing lined up yet for ourselves.

If you think you can give her a good home, please PM me the details. I'm happy to help get her to you if you're not able to pick her up. We're near the Elliot Road exit off I-10 in Phoenix.

Margo.jpg

Attachments

• Margo.jpg
    Margo.jpg
    663.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Margo2.jpg
    Margo2.jpg
    758 KB · Views: 23
  • Coop.jpg
    Coop.jpg
    954.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Margo3.jpg
    Margo3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
Sadly, our girl, Margo, is in need of a new home (she's in Phoenix, AZ). She just turned three years old, and she's a great layer when not molting - She leaves us the most beautiful pale blue eggs. She's just about finishing her current molt - You can still see some of the pin feathers that haven't gotten all fluffy yet around her face in the first photo (taken this morning). She is currently alone, but I would prefer she goes to someone who already has a backyard flock and is comfortable with gradually introducing her to their flock. If you have any experience with this already, please share when responding. She used to have three other yard-mates, some of whom you can see in the other photo, but unfortunately, the others got into a poisoned animal in our back yard and passed away a couple months ago (yet another reason not to use poison for your rat problems).

She used to be the lowest in the pecking order, and was a little bit bashful. Since she's been by herself, she's gained some confidence; She'll even chase off the pigeons she doesn't like sometimes now, and she will eat berries and treats from our hands. If she runs out food in her coop, she lets us know by coming up to our back door and lightly tapping on the glass. She really is a sweet gal.

The coop in the photo, the feeder, a heat lamp, food, and anything else I have for her can go with her - I just want her to have a good home, and I feel terrible that we have to give her up. My wife has been fighting a bad foot injury, and we have a 10-month-old son, so we are moving back east (Baltimore) to be closer to family. I don't know the exact timing of the move just yet, but it probably won't be until early April. I wish we could take her along, but we don't even have any housing lined up yet for ourselves.

If you think you can give her a good home, please PM me the details. I'm happy to help get her to you if you're not able to pick her up. We're near the Elliot Road exit off I-10 in Phoenix.

View attachment 2021470
Where are you in Phoenix? I am very interested in both your chicken and the coop. How large is your coop? Will it fit in a pick up or needs a traiker. Have both. I have a small flock with a Wheaton Marans roo. My elder girls have stopped laying and i want to start a new flock and introduce them to run area slowly. I can be reached bt phone or text 520 234-4808.

Sent you a message
Debra
Hi Debra
I am from Marana Az outsde of Tucson. I have a flock of chickens and a roo for going on 6 years. Added 2 Buff Oppingtons last spring. Older Copper Marans still laying but others not too much or at all. A baked neck hen still lays. Buffs laid later part of this year and are giving larger eggs now. I am looking for a second coop and want to start a second flock to ensure eggs. I just love chickens and helped my grandmother on her chicken farm as a child. I have a protected run for them about 30 ft square. We just opened a side free range area for them to be in foliage as they desire outside their coop and run area. Used palates and chicken wire to build. I am interested in a Chinese Cochin and Ameracauna and2 others. Because my older ones are sort if special breeds i have no desire but to let them grow old as pets. But i like the eggs and would like to learn hatching them myself.

I am interested in a Chinese Cochin and Ameracauna and2 others. Because my older ones are sort if special breeds i have no desire but to let them grow old as pets. But i like the eggs and would like to learn hatching them myself.
Hi, I adopted Margo. I don't currently have any chickens looking for a home. Thanks though.

Back
Top Bottom