Arizona Chickens

cavemanrich

Enabler
5 Years
Apr 6, 2014
Melrose Park Illinois
Last year and the year before I was playing with the egg color gene's, so that's why my Naked Neck's are almost like those one's that they call Easter Egger's, as the hen's will lay a more colorful egg basket.
:thumbsup You developed a combo with the BEST of both. Beautiful eggs,, and Heat Tolerant. ...... Oh almost forgot,,,, you aim for LARGE EGGS:highfive:

BlueBaby

Enabler
Mar 21, 2016
Maricopa, AZ. (near Phoenix)
BlueBaby
I hope that some of those Copper eggs :gig hatch for you. You just might incorporate that dark color into something new.:idunno
I would like to have a BCM hen. Of course I would like to have 1 Hen of every breed on earth:thMy Urban living is what keeps my Chicken math in CHECK.
I knew there had to be a reason why you didn't move to a place with bigger property! :lau

BlueBaby

Enabler
Mar 21, 2016
BlueBaby
I hope that some of those Copper eggs :gig hatch for you. You just might incorporate that dark color into something new.:idunno
I would like to have a BCM hen. Of course I would like to have 1 Hen of every breed on earth:thMy Urban living is what keeps my Chicken math in CHECK.
I knew there has to be a reason why you didn't move to a place with bigger property!

Actually, I may have a change in plan with the BCM's. I ordered some hatching egg's again. This time it will be some BLRW's, and Svart Hona/Coocoo Maran mixes. Maybe I should wait and see what I end up with?

cavemanrich

Enabler
5 Years
Apr 6, 2014
Melrose Park Illinois
This time it will be some BLRW's, and Svart Hona/Coocoo Maran mixes
I see Svart Honas, as a European version of the Ayam Cemani. To me they are interchangeable :idunno .... A few years ago I was on a list with some chicken peeps to get some. Supposedly, that person was going to someone in Florida, and bring back a bunch of FACTORY SECONDS:gig... These were imperfect culls that had some Non Black in their color. The price was $35 per chicken. That was just fine by me,,,, since Imperfect chicken is my FAV. :hugs and the pri$e was VERY FAV:thumbsup
That deal never materialized, and fell thru. :(..
I think, if you developed a Black Skinned NN ,,,, you would have a Transylvanian Fashion Queen. :love

BlueBaby

Enabler
Mar 21, 2016
I see Svart Honas, as a European version of the Ayam Cemani. To me they are interchangeable :idunno .... A few years ago I was on a list with some chicken peeps to get some. Supposedly, that person was going to someone in Florida, and bring back a bunch of FACTORY SECONDS:gig... These were imperfect culls that had some Non Black in their color. The price was $35 per chicken. That was just fine by me,,,, since Imperfect chicken is my FAV. :hugs and the pri$e was VERY FAV:thumbsup
That deal never materialized, and fell thru. :(..
I think, if you developed a Black Skinned NN ,,,, you would have a Transylvanian Fashion Queen. :love
I have read that a mulberry colored comb is acceptable in the Svart Hona's, but not in the Ayam Cemani's. I'm not going to be breeding for show anyway's. If I had my choice, I would have taken all in the Blue Laced Red Wyandottes, but her flock isn't big enough to fill my order.

Top Bottom