Arizona Chickens

@Sidechicks77 It look's like your father-in-law know's all about chicken math! That's alot of chick's. I hope that they are the breed's that you wanted. Rooster's will be hard to get rid of, unless someone need's one for breeding. Otherwise they end up as Sunday dinner.
well I actually did want a, as in 1 polish, since I lost 1. Instead I have 15 chicks! so far I have lost 5 of them but I do not expect to lose more at this point.

Thank you EVERYONE for the replies :D

Hi does anyone know if these are roos or hens? funny story really...
I like that chicken math surprise! :D
For sexing polish look at the crest, if it is round, like a pompom is it a girl, if it is more oblong/flatish it is a boy. This usually works best when you look at them when they are only a few days old. I did this when getting some last year, and I did pretty well, two out of the three were pullets. I wasn't quite sure about the last one, and that ended up being the roo. :) Here is the site I used to get that info, it had good photo examples, too. Sexing Polish Chicks

Help anyone want to guess what breed this guys be ?

Attachments

• 20200328_155201.jpg
    20200328_155201.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 5
I like that chicken math surprise! :D
For sexing polish look at the crest, if it is round, like a pompom is it a girl, if it is more oblong/flatish it is a boy. This usually works best when you look at them when they are only a few days old. I did this when getting some last year, and I did pretty well, two out of the three were pullets. I wasn't quite sure about the last one, and that ended up being the roo. :) Here is the site I used to get that info, it had good photo examples, too. Sexing Polish Chicks
Thank you

How's everyone doing? surviving this mess? we've now got our 7th positive case here in Mohave County, 2 in Lake Havasu and 1 in Bullhead with the most recent and 4th case in Kingman. I'm glad I shop like I do, we would not have to find more than milk for a couple of months. Can't keep eggs in the fridge, I've got a group of people I sell to that keeps me cleaned out. Hoping all are doing well.

:eek::thEvening, I just confirmed this evening that I now have 3 broodies..lol, two in my main flock and one in my Naked Neck. I'm going to be knee deep in chicks. I have 6 eggs in my incubator. I wasn't expecting 3 broodies, if anyone else goes broody, I'm going to be in trouble.. lol. My first girl that went broody is sitting on 4 eggs, my second girl that went broody is currently sitting on a egg that I don't believe is fertile, but I am hoping to get 5 or 6 silkie eggs for her to sit on, then Jill my girl that is in with the NN's, has one egg and I will give her more tomorrow. does anyone here raise silkies? lol, I don't have a clue about their needs.

:eek::thEvening, I just confirmed this evening that I now have 3 broodies..lol, two in my main flock and one in my Naked Neck. I'm going to be knee deep in chicks. I have 6 eggs in my incubator. I wasn't expecting 3 broodies, if anyone else goes broody, I'm going to be in trouble.. lol. My first girl that went broody is sitting on 4 eggs, my second girl that went broody is currently sitting on a egg that I don't believe is fertile, but I am hoping to get 5 or 6 silkie eggs for her to sit on, then Jill my girl that is in with the NN's, has one egg and I will give her more tomorrow. does anyone here raise silkies? lol, I don't have a clue about their needs.

@Michelle Guynn Used to live here in Az. but she and her DH moved to Pennsylvania. She has silkies and hatches them with her broody silkie hen's. I'm sure that she would be able to answer your questions about silkies.

Back
Top Bottom