Arizona Chickens

D6DE2C1F-9271-4313-8995-424F3A238CDF.jpeg
Early one!

@BlueBaby yes a white one. Could he spots later. And woke up to a black one with at least 2 more pips. I took a video of the white one hatching but don’t know how to post it.

I've heard that in order to post one here that you have to upload it first to someplace like youtube.

Chicken -vs- giant centipede. Giant centipede won.

Sadly, all the young hens attacked have now passed. The longest I was able to keep them alive was 3 ish days. And to top of the week of death, the young hen with a broken back, from being over-mated, she died this afternoon. Mom was devastated. she has been going out every two hours, moving her, giving her fresh cold water and feeding her tomatoes and generally babying her, I had just checked on her an hour before and she was alert and swiveling her head. A blessing really as I wanted to give her mercy weeks ago when it was apparent her back was broken, but mom wanted to fight for her.

Sadly, all the young hens attacked have now passed. The longest I was able to keep them alive was 3 ish days. And to top of the week of death, the young hen with a broken back, from being over-mated, she died this afternoon. Mom was devastated. she has been going out every two hours, moving her, giving her fresh cold water and feeding her tomatoes and generally babying her, I had just checked on her an hour before and she was alert and swiveling her head. A blessing really as I wanted to give her mercy weeks ago when it was apparent her back was broken, but mom wanted to fight for her.
Im so sorry, and so sorry for your mom. :(

Sorry that you have lost them. I hope that you can get rid of those giant centipede's so that you will be able to start up another flock without having to worry about those thing's.

Sorry that you have lost them. I hope that you can get rid of those giant centipede's so that you will be able to start up another flock without having to worry about those thing's.

I did not lose all of the three flocks in the path of those bugs Luckily enough and it is a good thing I don't free range as I sprayed the he...ck out of every square inch of the yard around all the coops and runs. I've been busy building and installing more roosting bars, as I think the ones that did not have space to roost were the ones hit. that and building bottoms to all the coops and if need be raising them up in the air. 2 more to retrofit to go

I did not lose all of the three flocks in the path of those bugs Luckily enough and it is a good thing I don't free range as I sprayed the he...ck out of every square inch of the yard around all the coops and runs. I've been busy building and installing more roosting bars, as I think the ones that did not have space to roost were the ones hit. that and building bottoms to all the coops and if need be raising them up in the air. 2 more to retrofit to go
They can climb, not up to your roost, but up the platform. They HATE light.. hopefully theyll be done moving on out within a few weeks. The pain people described after being bit (they clamp down w their pincher, which is horrible in itself, then swing their head up to bite, which is when they inject the venom) sounded just horrible.. in Hawaii, it seemed like everyone who got bit was IN BED!! Like slipping your hand under your pillow, or them getting your foot. I saw them on sidewalks near the beach coming from planters, but thankfully not in my house. (They say not to mention them or they will come to your house!!) But double check your house.. check under beds, closets, along walls. They are horrible creatures!!

Back
Top Bottom