Arizona Chickens

Well, my flock was out in the pen eating and enjoying the cooler temp. when I went out there to lock up. Not one of them was inside of the coop yet.
These chickens are lazy. They are asleep in their coop by 6, and only 2 are up early. The other two are still sound asleep til 8am!! They are 16 weeks old now, yippee!! Combs are coming in, and red around their faces showing up. Aww my babies are growing up 😫

@Parront I was just thinking of your upcoming rooster butchering party, and even though I won't be able to make it this time, I had an idea. I still have that boy here that I said that you could eat before. He could be butchered, and if someone here can't have any rooster's where they currently live at but want to learn how, they can come get this boy. He's big enough for that now.

Sometimes we need to be careful what we wish for...... OF COURSE IN REALITY IT DOES NOT MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE..
Most of you here know that I'm the Long distance friend from 2000 miles EAST. :old .. This is what hit us here last Monday. ALL my chickens are fine BTW.:thumbsup
IMG_20200810_182313276.jpg
IMG_20200810_182509719.jpg
IMG_20200813_180929069_HDR.jpg

Those branches will provide at least 3 good campfires. Big logs I save for wood stove for winter.
This was from about 3 weeks ago,
IMG_20200804_204047161.jpg

The dust bath it provides my girls,,,:)
IMG_20200806_162631518.jpg

@Parront I was just thinking of your upcoming rooster butchering party, and even though I won't be able to make it this time, I had an idea. I still have that boy here that I said that you could eat before. He could be butchered, and if someone here can't have any rooster's where they currently live at but want to learn how, they can come get this boy. He's big enough for that now.
Great! We have a new name, "Rooster Harvest"! I am thinking that 5 participants would be a good number, we have 2 now. PM me if you want to attend a BYOB Rooster Harvest -- that is Bring Your Own Bird! (Or, bring @BlueBaby 's bird).

Back
Top Bottom