Arizona Chickens

So why move to Chino Valley -- just to keep roosters?! ;) BTW, the Sandhill Barred Holland hens are starting to lay. The eggs are all shades of cream & tan so far.:(
YES just to keep rooster- haha! At least one of the Holland girls is laying a bigger egg now - waiting for the rest to do so - they are all pretty white eggs except one is slightly cream colored.

Neighbor has been selling eating eggs all winter on farm- he finally put up prices to $3/doz. I think his price is too low still. We have been giving eggs to my DH co-workers or neighbors, sometimes we get a feed $ donation or honey or produce in exchange.

YES just to keep rooster- haha! At least one of the Holland girls is laying a bigger egg now - waiting for the rest to do so - they are all pretty white eggs except one is slightly cream colored.

Neighbor has been selling eating eggs all winter on farm- he finally put up prices to $3/doz. I think his price is too low still. We have been giving eggs to my DH co-workers or neighbors, sometimes we get a feed $ donation or honey or produce in exchange.
I really like how mellow the Barred Hollands are, but the eggs are not as large as the Brown Leghorn's of the same age. They started laying a couple of weeks later, too. The SandHill birds are laying younger, from my calendar calculations. Could be the better time of year, though.

Back
Top Bottom