Arizona Chickens

Sometimes people move and forget to change that. It's nice to have you here. What breed's do you have?
I have a buff orpington and two australorps. But just discovered that prescott valley ordinance forbids chickens unless you live on an acre or more. And even then, only 2 chickens per acre 🙄. I checked my HOA but not city and now I'm like well damn let's change this.

I have a buff orpington and two australorps. But just discovered that prescott valley ordinance forbids chickens unless you live on an acre or more. And even then, only 2 chickens per acre 🙄. I checked my HOA but not city and now I'm like well damn let's change this.

I hope that you will be able to change it, and then you will need to get a coffee cup like this one. I think that I need one of these too, the way that I hatch chick's. :gig

https://burkeandbunny.com/products/chicken-themed-gift-mug-chicken-math

Now you know why I live in Prescott. When we were shopping for a place to live I looked it up, PV is the most restrictive town around here. Yavapai county around here only lets you have 8 chickens per lot. Prescott does not count your chickens, it is an old time town from when people kept chickens as a matter of course! Welcome to AZ's chat thread! I think your 3 girls should be under the radar, but they will not be if you go trying to change the city rules.

Sounds about right. :p 🥚I collected 14 eggs yesterday from the 18 girls.
I'm getting 14 average daily for Jan & Feb (I just calculated). Some days lately I get 20 or 22 from 32 layers! I'll need one of those chicken math mugs any day -especially if I actually hatch anytime soon - not that I'm counting anything before hatched.

Back
Top Bottom