Arizona Chickens

I might talk to you in a couple months about some duck eggs for hatching if you have them at that time.
Sure! There will be less mixing by then. Freezer camp for 2 boys yesterday. These are a very pretty mix of 2 green eggs to 1 white. I might have to get one of those Tractor Supply incubators yet . . . just to see if I can get some eggs to hatch! I have 21 of these saved up on the counter. Been tilting the carton. Thinking of how they might turn out!

Sure! There will be less mixing by then. Freezer camp for 2 boys yesterday. These are a very pretty mix of 2 green eggs to 1 white. I might have to get one of those Tractor Supply incubators yet . . . just to see if I can get some eggs to hatch! I have 21 of these saved up on the counter. Been tilting the carton. Thinking of how they might turn out!

You might become a hatch-a-holic after all, huh? :lau

Anyone local able to assist? I don't know what I'm doing. I adopted 4 hens from Cody, the Chino guy that sold the farm and moved. My favorite one didn't make it a single week before dying. She wasn't of laying age yet. I now have one young one and 2 laying age hens. I get an egg a day, from my Australorp, but my Buff Orpington doesn't seem to be laying. I checked her and she has lice. I read that a drop of ivermectin is the best way to treat? Is this accurate? I gave them all a drop on the back of their neck Sunday night. And today my BO has a more pale comb. I don't even know what to do or who to see. I hope I'm not coming to the wrong place. I'm new to chickens and my ducks never had much issue so I'm lost. I tried searching the forum but I don't even know what to search because everything kind of led to a dead end for me.

...Now that I've taken pictures it seems both laying hens have paler combs.
Maybe @City farm could give you some tips.

Sure would be nice to have a community of BYC plucking machine. We could maybe all pitch in and share it?! Ducks have a lot of feathers. Next meat birds are NNs!:he
That would be nice. I think my neighbor has one but he never got back to me when I said I would help him and our other neighbor harvest his meat birds in Dec. I think he had C19 and he was also getting cancer treatment so I need to talk to him over the fence again.

I did read that it is against our Zoning regs to harvest animals on farm so maybe he or the other neighbor is wary if he doesn't know me very well.

That would be nice. I think my neighbor has one but he never got back to me when I said I would help him and our other neighbor harvest his meat birds in Dec. I think he had C19 and he was also getting cancer treatment so I need to talk to him over the fence again.

I did read that it is against our Zoning regs to harvest animals on farm so maybe he or the other neighbor is wary if he doesn't know me very well.
Well, I read the Prescott rules, they said something like "no breeding animals or slaughtering visible from the street". I do not have such a location on my lot, lol, no one complained. So far, no complaining about "Randy" the cockerel, either! The complainer was the guy who used to own my house, lucky for me.

Easter? I'm pretty sure that duck egg's should have already been set to make that, as they take longer to hatch then the chicken egg's do?
Last Saturday, according to the hatch-a-long, but there is a week on either side for that. No -- just the season when people might like to have baby ducklings. I do not think that people who just want them for Easter would be good people to buy my chicks, anyway. Up here, it is still pretty cold for brooding them before mid-April. It is supposed to be in the teens again here tomorrow night. This ought to be the last cold spell!

Back
Top Bottom