Arizona Chickens

Any more news on the chicks?

The chicken palace is here and in pieces. They're planning to get it off their trailer and put it together later this afternoon. It will need paint, but that can keep me busy tomorrow, LOL.

No more sign's of more emerging chick's yet. The 2 that are hatched are doing good.

Make sure you take some cold bottled water out there with you while you are painting in this heat. It also won't hurt to have some of that Gatorade to help to replenish you if you need it.

I remember when I painted my coop, and having to get up an down off of it to move the ladder. It's easier to do all of the edges about 6-inches out with the paintbrush, and then come back and connect them with a paint roller brush. I not only painted the outside, but the inside of the coop also.

@CaroleW Did the 4 NN hen's get settled in ok?
We made it! They spent nite on the front deck since I didn't want to run into the skunk I saw in the driveway in the dark. They are settled into the temporary pen and seem to be doing great! I'm so happy to have them here- thank you @BlueBaby!

Pics later - working on a deadline today for work right now.

We made it! They spent nite on the front deck since I didn't want to run into the skunk I saw in the driveway in the dark. They are settled into the temporary pen and seem to be doing great! I'm so happy to have them here- thank you @BlueBaby!

Pics later - working on a deadline today for work right now.

Roger will be happy that they are there, too! The white NN/Breese, and the Cowgirl were my favorite hen's out of the darker legged NN's, but I can't use them in my project because of the leg color. I know that you will take good care of them, and will be enjoying those egg's from them.

but I can't use them in my project because of the leg color.
Necessity is the Mother of Invention :highfive: :thumbsup

1623099078940.png

Roger will be happy that they are there, too! The white NN/Breese, and the Cowgirl were my favorite hen's out of the darker legged NN's, but I can't use them in my project because of the leg color. I know that you will take good care of them, and will be enjoying those egg's from them.
20210607_105943.jpg 20210607_105903.jpg Naked Neck Hens settling in...

No more sign's of more emerging chick's yet. The 2 that are hatched are doing good.

Make sure you take some cold bottled water out there with you while you are painting in this heat. It also won't hurt to have some of that Gatorade to help to replenish you if you need it.

I remember when I painted my coop, and having to get up an down off of it to move the ladder. It's easier to do all of the edges about 6-inches out with the paintbrush, and then come back and connect them with a paint roller brush. I not only painted the outside, but the inside of the coop also.
Did any more hatch?

Back
Top Bottom