Arizona Chickens

@Parront I found a canned ham one here that has some pretty good instruction's:

http://morningjoyfarm.blogspot.com/2012/07/how-to-can-ham.html
Nice to do with ham, you can get some good deals on it! Very similar to how I use chicken when I de-bone cooked legs & thighs. Cook it all up one one day, eat what we want to use right then, then the next day de-bone and pack it in the jars, just makes for a shorter day!
I like to wipe the jars with vinegar on a clean, damp dish rag, not. I like to put a couple of capfulls of vinegar in the cooker to keep calcium from forming on the jars, too.

Winco's great because they're a real grocery, are owned by the employees, and have a great bulk food section. Their bulk items selection and pricing beats Sprouts any day! Maybe someday there'll be a Winco up here, but at least there are two in the North valley for me to go to once in a blue moon.
I've emailed WinCo asking for one down here, they said one was planning to be built and 5 years later nothing. The closest is more than 2 hrs drive. I was pretty bummed about that, used to live a few blocks away from one, it was my favorite store.

Nice to do with ham, you can get some good deals on it! Very similar to how I use chicken when I de-bone cooked legs & thighs. Cook it all up one one day, eat what we want to use right then, then the next day de-bone and pack it in the jars, just makes for a shorter day!
I like to wipe the jars with vinegar on a clean, damp dish rag, not. I like to put a couple of capfulls of vinegar in the cooker to keep calcium from forming on the jars, too.
I always have too much ham when I bake one up, so this would be a good way to deal with all of that extra meat to use up later.

I've emailed WinCo asking for one down here, they said one was planning to be built and 5 years later nothing. The closest is more than 2 hrs drive. I was pretty bummed about that, used to live a few blocks away from one, it was my favorite store.
With all of this covid that's still going on, I bet that you won't get one for awhile even if they were planning on it. You might consider talking to your city council planner's about it. They are the one's that help to make the decision's about what money maker's that they want to bring in there.

I always have too much ham when I bake one up, so this would be a good way to deal with all of that extra meat to use up later.
Same reason to can those chicken legs & thighs in the 10 pound bag. I do not want to re-freeze them, takes up all the freezer space. A small jar is just right to put in the diner you are cooking, it is pre-cooked so dinner is fast. We always have too much ham from those big hams, but now my freezer is bigger, so I do freeze it. Canning it would be better! :drool

Same reason to can those chicken legs & thighs in the 10 pound bag. I do not want to re-freeze them, takes up all the freezer space. A small jar is just right to put in the diner you are cooking, it is pre-cooked so dinner is fast. We always have too much ham from those big hams, but now my freezer is bigger, so I do freeze it. Canning it would be better! :drool
I'd have lot's of shelf space for jar's, if all of these book's were taken off of them. ;)

Back
Top Bottom