Arizona Chickens

Yes they are too fast to get a good pic - most were blurry. I texted the pic to neighbor and she couldn't see how many there were because their faces are all to the "ground".
I'm wondering what the nn chick will feather out as, more like the mother, or more like the father, or some of both?

Good morning AZ. I’m not looking forward to the heat today, but I’ve got a bunch of ice for the crew and will make them some mud puddles during the day. This will be the hottest day the newbies have experienced, I’m hoping the girls will teach them to use the ice for cooling.
Ugh! up here we're forecast for 99 which means 104 or so. This is the only day in a long time where the misters would actually work, and I disconnected it weeks ago! But I still have ice blocks and ice bottles.

Ugh! up here we're forecast for 99 which means 104 or so. This is the only day in a long time where the misters would actually work, and I disconnected it weeks ago! But I still have ice blocks and ice bottles.
Although I haven't had to use my mister's I left them up just in case. I can turn them back on if needed. I still have the container's of ice in the freezer too.

Although I haven't had to use my mister's I left them up just in case. I can turn them back on if needed. I still have the container's of ice in the freezer too.
I took them down in preparation for an upcoming move. I do have them up in the other coop/pen, but I'd have to juggle the birds around for no other reason. We'll see how they do without the misters today.

Newbie question...what breed is a NN? :idunnoSorry, still learning all of the acronyms. Lol
That is an acronym for the best breed of chicken ever! Here in the US a lot of them have been bred with other breeds to give color variety, but they’re great for the heat here in valley.

Back
Top Bottom