Arizona Chickens

@Timbers Run A NN (Naked Neck) has less feathering not only on the neck but on it's body too. That is what helps it to deal with our hot desert heat. Many people can't get over the sight of them though. Here's an older picture of my NN rooster named Roger and hen that @CaroleW now has up there with her.

Roger and his ladies.jpg

Last edited:
Silly people don't recognize BEAUTY. :old :gig
I still do want to get a Hen that looks like Roger:love,, and a Silkie that looks like below.:love

So lets not forget the SHOWGIRL SILKIES...
View attachment 3243189
What a pretty bird! I’m not into these but they really are cool looking.

Silly people don't recognize BEAUTY. :old :gig
I still do want to get a Hen that looks like Roger:love,, and a Silkie that looks like below.:love

So lets not forget the SHOWGIRL SILKIES...
View attachment 3243189
If you remember, I did try the regular silkies, but I decided that I didn't like those feathered feet. They get so dirty all the time because they step in their own poop and it cling's to those feathered feet. Those are a higher maintenance breed then I wanted to deal with.

If you remember, I did try the regular silkies, but I decided that I didn't like those feathered feet. They get so dirty all the time because they step in their own poop and it cling's to those feathered feet. Those are a higher maintenance breed then I wanted to deal with.
I always look to solve problems, and offer solutions. :highfive:

Use only on feet,,, not neck:old
1662063946534.png

I always look to solve problems, and offer solutions. :highfive:

Use only on feet,,, not neck:old
If anything like Polish you might have to give them a haircut on top too to make sure they don't get ice cicles on head in winter. Definitely high maintenance... haircuts and leg fluff cut!

Back
Top Bottom