Arizona Chickens

Good morning AZ. I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. We’re taking advantage of the long weekend and gorgeous weather to get some things done outside. Just got done trimming this lilac and the chicks are busy in the damp soil. Stella, mama, is doing a great job for her first time. They’re integrated into the flock really well, but they still separate for a portion of the day which gives everyone a break. One of my red Nn girls molted more than the others so she has been hanging out with Stella and the chicks a lot. Apparently Elvis doesn’t think molting is a good enough reason to say NO. SMH
E4C348D2-B9CB-46A0-82DE-981DA2D7837E.jpeg

I just found a thread here that someone said that the feed store's are going to start cataloging location's of those who are buying chick's? I asked why and I'm waiting to get an answer.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...ng-eggs-for-sale.1549887/page-4#post-26347136
Easy way around that.. Purchase and pay CASH. If Joker asks for your address,,,,, give him the store address :old :gig (just change the numbers by a few:lau)
It is government overreach imo. There is also a voluntary option to register your garden if you want to. (read that on gardening forum) First its voluntary... then its taxed:idunno

Easy way around that.. Purchase and pay CASH. If Joker asks for your address,,,,, give him the store address :old :gig (just change the numbers by a few:lau)
It is government overreach imo. There is also a voluntary option to register your garden if you want to. (read that on gardening forum) First its voluntary... then its taxed:idunno
You are probably right about it will eventually lead to another type of tax that they can get. I don't buy chick's from hatcheries or feed store's anymore, but I know that some of the other's here like to buy new chick's every year or so.

Boy that's awful! A map with a little red flag on every chicken owner's house! I guess being able to have your own source of eggs and meat now makes us terrorists too!
That wouldn't surprise me any at all these day's.

I wonder if they are already making the Hatcheries do it too? They already have your name and address when they ship them to you.

I wonder if they are already making the Hatcheries do it too? They already have your name and address when they ship them to you.
Looked at that thread, I can find no information to back this registration/tracking claim up. Not at any federal or state level at least. Maybe a misunderstanding on the poster's part about USDA tracking of bird flu, or something like that. They don't do it for other pets and livestock (unless thy're exotics or dangerous, and you have to have permits and regular inspections for those). I can't see any rational reason they'd do it for poultry. The cost and manpower expenditure would be stupid.

Wait, what? Why are we registering gardens and chickens?

Back
Top Bottom