Arizona Chickens

I think everyone got some rain yesterday. My internet was in and out, but it does that during rain or higher wind's. I set up my new Bunn coffee maker that Amazon delivered yesterday and drank the whole pot of "real" coffee by myself. I had been drinking instant coffee until the new one arrived. I had my old one for 7 1/2 years before it died.

It’s drying out here, but rained until 0700 or so. The chickens are busy digging for bugs and enjoying throwing dirt all over the place. Took advantage of the wet soil to pull a few palm trees trying to get started. We found a small mesquite sprout so I transplanted it to a better location, we’ll see how it goes :idunnoI also transplanted an Arabian lilac I started from the tree in the backyard and started hardening off a Mexican bird of paradise as well.

It’s drying out here, but rained until 0700 or so. The chickens are busy digging for bugs and enjoying throwing dirt all over the place. Took advantage of the wet soil to pull a few palm trees trying to get started. We found a small mesquite sprout so I transplanted it to a better location, we’ll see how it goes :idunnoI also transplanted an Arabian lilac I started from the tree in the backyard and started hardening off a Mexican bird of paradise as well.
I tried to transplant a small mesquite sprout once, because they pop up in my yard all the time. 100s of them thanks to the mesquite tree behind my wall. It didn't make it. I'm going to try again but let it get a little bigger first!

Back
Top Bottom