Arizona Chickens

We finally made it home and the 3 newbies are in their separate space! :ya Thanks, BlueBaby! They were so quiet and calm on the drive home. This is them sitting in the carrier when we arrived home... (Lucky is quite the handsome boy!)
20230209_in carrier lr.jpg

Of course, once they were placed in the run, my 2 alpha girls had to check them out...
20230209_who's this lr.jpg

And here's another that better shows the Bielefelder pullet...
20230209_1st meet lr.jpg

We finally made it home and the 3 newbies are in their separate space! :ya Thanks, BlueBaby! They were so quiet and calm on the drive home. This is them sitting in the carrier when we arrived home... (Lucky is quite the handsome boy!)
View attachment 3400542

Of course, once they were placed in the run, my 2 alpha girls had to check them out...
View attachment 3400544

View attachment 3400546
Beautiful babies ❤️

View attachment 3400542

View attachment 3400544

View attachment 3400546
Your welcome! It was nice meeting you! I'm glad that you made it back home ok with them. Keep me updated on them. Lucky look's like he's inspecting out the ground there.

Your welcome! It was nice meeting you! I'm glad that you made it back home ok with them. Keep me updated on them. Lucky look's like he's inspecting out the ground there.
Yes, Lucky found some spilled feed!

Just checked on them since it's roosting time. The pullets are roosting, though the darker one is clearly boss over the other one. Bossy is roosting on top of the water bucket :lol:. The other is on the perch. Lucky hasn't settled anywhere yet.

The feisty pullet is going to be named Freydis. The other pullet is Hennah. :p

I leaned a piece of plywood outside the run against their area to give them some cover and windblock.

Last edited:
View attachment 3400542

View attachment 3400544

View attachment 3400546
Beautiful! I'm envious!

Yes, Lucky found some spilled feed!

Just checked on them since it's roosting time. The pullets are roosting, though the darker one is clearly boss over the other one. Bossy is roosting on top of the water bucket :lol:. The other is on the perch. Lucky hasn't settled anywhere yet.

The feisty pullet is going to be named Freydis. The other pullet is Hennah. :p

I leaned a piece of plywood outside the run against their area to give them some cover and windblock.
I guess they will get thing's figured out. That's Bossy's bucket, don't ya know? She's laid claim to it. :gig

Hey AZ Peeps.

Does anybody know where Cal Ranch gets their chicks? I'm up in the White Mountains (Show Low/Pinetop-Lakeside) and when I asked the store personnel, no one seemed to know. Or they thought they weren't supposed to discuss it...I dunno.

I'll get them online before I'll go to the TSC here. Not a fan of Hoover's.

Hope your weekend was luvelly!
Hoover Hatchery

Hey AZ Peeps.

Does anybody know where Cal Ranch gets their chicks? I'm up in the White Mountains (Show Low/Pinetop-Lakeside) and when I asked the store personnel, no one seemed to know. Or they thought they weren't supposed to discuss it...I dunno.

I'll get them online before I'll go to the TSC here. Not a fan of Hoover's.

Hope your weekend was luvelly!
The TSC store probably gets them from hoover's--they have in the past including last year. As others have said, cal-ranch gets them from hoover's. but you might want to call the store to see if they have any left if it's a long ride to the cal-ranch, they usually run out in hours or less, at least they did last year.

I meant****tsc got them from PRIVETTS (not hoover's) in the past including last year. for in-store.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom