Arizona Chickens

@Happy Novogens How are your new babies doing this morning?
They seem to be doing well. Managed to spill out lots of feed, lol! I think they appreciated having the board put on the side last night so they had a secluded area. They were sitting in that corner when I went out.
When I talked to them, they began wandering about so I snapped this photo...
20230210_101731 lr.jpg

They seem to be doing well. Managed to spill out lots of feed, lol! I think they appreciated having the board put on the side last night so they had a secluded area. They were sitting in that corner when I went out.
When I talked to them, they began wandering about so I snapped this photo...
View attachment 3401360
Do you think they might have spilled the feed because they are used to my feed bucket and have to figure out how your's work's? How does that water bucket that you have in there work out? I have thought of doing up one of those too.

Last edited:
Do you think they might have spilled the feed because they are used to my feed bucket and have to figure out how your's work's? How does that water bucket that you have in there work out? I have though of doing up one of those too.
Could be. Also, that pipe in there doesn't work nearly as well as my regular feeder. My normal feeder is much better. The temporary one they're using now, though, I think will be a good transition for them because they see that the food comes from that opening. There's a similar opening on the normal feeder-- it just doesn't spill.

Here is my normal feeder:
feeders view.jpg

The water bucket works great! Dirt will still get in the cups somewhat. I just use a rag to wipe it out. But I'm real happy with the cups. I only put two cups on my main bucket, but I could put more around (which I may just do before summer).
I got food-grade buckets at Firehouse subs for $3. (They will smell like pickles! lol)
waterer in action.jpg

Question. So once I let all the chickens together and they start sharing the run/coop, I was wondering how long it may take for the new ones to establish their roosting area? In other words, how long before I should allow them all out to free roam to be sure they return to the area at sundown?
I wouldn't let the new one's out yet to free range yet if that's your plan. They need a couple of week's to know where home is at. I never free-ranged them over here.

Amazon said that my 2nd NR360 incubator will be delivered on Monday. I did a candle on the egg's tonight, 7 look good and 4 I'm still in question about. I marked them so I'll check them again in a couple more day's.

Doing some Lasagna here for dinner tonight. Yum!

My animal sitting is done. They will be getting back home tonight.

Could be. Also, that pipe in there doesn't work nearly as well as my regular feeder. My normal feeder is much better. The temporary one they're using now, though, I think will be a good transition for them because they see that the food comes from that opening. There's a similar opening on the normal feeder-- it just doesn't spill.

Here is my normal feeder:
View attachment 3401420

The water bucket works great! Dirt will still get in the cups somewhat. I just use a rag to wipe it out. But I'm real happy with the cups. I only put two cups on my main bucket, but I could put more around (which I may just do before summer).
I got food-grade buckets at Firehouse subs for $3. (They will smell like pickles! lol)
View attachment 3401428
They already understand a feed bucket like that. Mine is made from a 5 gallon bucket, so it's only a different shape of container.

Back
Top Bottom