Arizona Chickens

Most 4 legged critters are great about sent marking what they see as being their territory.

I'm about to boil up a batch of egg's. Good for egg salad sandwiches, deviled egg's, or even just to snack on with a little salt and pepper or other seasonings that you might like with them. They can also be peeled and chopped up and put into a freezer container or zip locked baggies and frozen like the restaurants do for those salad bars.
Oooooo I been making egg salad! Also been mushing them up with butter, salt and pepper as breakfast.

70675219498__A34FF40B-3460-4CFC-B241-DB364CFA20CC.jpeg

Rugby living it up with car rides from my parents! He thinks car rides are the best! He just trills the whole time even if we don’t go anywhere except around the block 😂😂😂

We caught a big old orange tom peeing all over our roses before going next door
That nitrogen from that pee,,,,,,,, probably gave your roses some BOOST in Growth..
I do fertilize my lawn with granular fertilizer. I do not use WEED & FEED because I have chickens, and grandchildren that play on the grass. I don't mind fertilizer, but no pesticide/herbicide for me.
One section,, where I walk my dogs, as well as many people walking their dogs, (along the street) I do not apply any fertilizer. It is in this area,, where I have the most lush grass growth. All natural :old
I'm about to boil up a batch of egg's. Good for egg salad sandwiches, deviled egg's, or even just to snack on with a little salt and pepper or other seasonings that you might like with them.
We like boiled eggs at our house as well. Sometimes we make fancy sandies as finger food for company when they visit. Always topped with sliced egg on top. Then dusted with some black pepper.
Another topping that goes well with sliced, boiled eggs,, is horseradish that is prepared in shredded beets. It is not KILLER HOT that way.
Not sure such horseradish is available everywhere,, but here in Chitown,,, there are may European markets that carry assortments.
Pure shredded horseradish probably is more available,,,,,,,BUT THAT STUFF IS POTENT in pure form:th
Here is a snip from a Full service grocer in our area.

image_2023-05-26_030019912.png

Here is the full strength stuff. Same store. This stuff will grow hair on your chest:old:gig:lau
We have purchase such,, and added to our cooked shredded beets , and made our own milder version that way.:drool:drool:drool

image_2023-05-26_030431285.png

That nitrogen from that pee,,,,,,,, probably gave your roses some BOOST in Growth..
I do fertilize my lawn with granular fertilizer. I do not use WEED & FEED because I have chickens, and grandchildren that play on the grass. I don't mind fertilizer, but no pesticide/herbicide for me.
One section,, where I walk my dogs, as well as many people walking their dogs, (along the street) I do not apply any fertilizer. It is in this area,, where I have the most lush grass growth. All natural :old

We like boiled eggs at our house as well. Sometimes we make fancy sandies as finger food for company when they visit. Always topped with sliced egg on top. Then dusted with some black pepper.
Another topping that goes well with sliced, boiled eggs,, is horseradish that is prepared in shredded beets. It is not KILLER HOT that way.
Not sure such horseradish is available everywhere,, but here in Chitown,,, there are may European markets that carry assortments.
Pure shredded horseradish probably is more available,,,,,,,BUT THAT STUFF IS POTENT in pure form:th

View attachment 3518641

Here is the full strength stuff. Same store. This stuff will grow hair on your chest:old:gig:lau
We have purchase such,, and added to our cooked shredded beets , and made our own milder version that way.:drool:drool:drool

View attachment 3518642
That stuff sounds yummy 😋.

View attachment 3518641

View attachment 3518642
There seems to be a line from Silver Spring horseradish on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Silver+S...er+spring+horseradish,aps,2965&ref=nb_sb_noss

Probably! We give our roses plant food and we have a compost pile that we put food scraps (not meat) into plus all the chicken poos and start them composting to put all around our roses. The yard is covered in gravel and I hate it lmao. If we stay here long enough we are going to clear ALL the rocks out and plant wildflowers! I know bees are dangerous for chickens but so are the dang rocks! Tssskkk. Will hurt their little feets!

Probably! We give our roses plant food and we have a compost pile that we put food scraps (not meat) into plus all the chicken poos and start them composting to put all around our roses. The yard is covered in gravel and I hate it lmao. If we stay here long enough we are going to clear ALL the rocks out and plant wildflowers! I know bees are dangerous for chickens but so are the dang rocks! Tssskkk. Will hurt their little feets!
Maybe they will be like some chicken's that I had before that would eat the bee's if they flew into the chicken run. At that time I was using a chicken feed that had molasses in it as one of the ingredient's and that was what was attracting the bee's.

I just started a bunch of zinnias, sunflowers, calendula/marigolds, etc. If all these come up I will definitely have extra bees/pollinators for all the tomato, pepper and eggplant, cukes and squash growing now. Although I see a lot of baby grasshoppers so I need to get some tulle netting to maybe keep the grasshoppers out of greenhouse even if they take over outside.

Back
Top Bottom