Arizona Chickens

They want you to have more babies. :gig
Maybe my next door neighbor's broody hen called your girls.

Edited to add that when I brought the 8 chick's over there, he put them in a grow out pen inside of his coop and run. The broody no longer sits in the nest box. She's up and walking in circles around where the chick's are at chattering away to them. She chases the other hen's away if they get too close to the chick's.
She does sound adorable 😍. I was too busy over the last week and my egg collecting was hit or miss. Now I have 6 broody hens giving me the stink eye every time I look at them. 🤣

So, will there more chick's in your future soon?
Probably...though if I was smart I'd take away all the eggs and bust the ladies out of it. I really have too many chickens right now and no desire for more. But I'm a sucker for that little Jurassic park cry they make at me while they puff to twice their size 😂

Probably...though if I was smart I'd take away all the eggs and bust the ladies out of it. I really have too many chickens right now and no desire for more. But I'm a sucker for that little Jurassic park cry they make at me while they puff to twice their size 😂
Well, maybe you could find someone that would like to buy some. I think that chick day's are over now at most places. What breed will you be letting them hatch?

Well, maybe you could find someone that would like to buy some. I think that chick day's are over now at most places. What breed will you be letting them hatch?
I have four Olandsk dwarf broodies, an aloha and a cemani. I've also got an entire pen full of dwarfs I separated for rehoming and I don't think I really want alohas or cemanis. They're bigger then I really like. Though I have several pure cemani chicks in the brooder and more in the grow out pen. 😂 Think I need to take the time to find homes for the ones I don't want.

I have four Olandsk dwarf broodies, an aloha and a cemani. I've also got an entire pen full of dwarfs I separated for rehoming and I don't think I really want alohas or cemanis. They're bigger then I really like. Though I have several pure cemani chicks in the brooder and more in the grow out pen. 😂 Think I need to take the time to find homes for the ones I don't want.
Those Aloha's are pretty. My next door neighbor has an Aloha Naked Neck hen.

They are beautiful. I traded some dwarfs for a handful of the dun alohas thinking I'd like some bigger birds again. But as much as I like them, they're just sooo huge! I've gotten rid of all my alohas but one hen. I'm keeping her just to experiment with the dun color. I bred her to my cemani roo and got some beautiful dun babies that should give me some mottled dun in the next generation. I'm really kinda loving the dun coloring...just not the size. But now that I have my dun mottled gene carrying babies...I kinda want to find momma aloha a new home too.

They are beautiful. I traded some dwarfs for a handful of the dun alohas thinking I'd like some bigger birds again. But as much as I like them, they're just sooo huge! I've gotten rid of all my alohas but one hen. I'm keeping her just to experiment with the dun color. I bred her to my cemani roo and got some beautiful dun babies that should give me some mottled dun in the next generation. I'm really kinda loving the dun coloring...just not the size. But now that I have my dun mottled gene carrying babies...I kinda want to find momma aloha a new home too.
There are still people that are looking for the bigger breeds. I had someone asking me about Aloha's a couple of year's ago.

There are still people that are looking for the bigger breeds. I had someone asking me about Aloha's a couple of year's ago.
The lady that breeds them is in Phoenix and I know a couple aloha breeders about a six hour drive from Tucson. I forget the name of their town. I met them when they came down to get dwarfs from me. Really nice ladies. If I understand correctly, there's quite a few aloha breeders here in AZ and a lot of great stock since the breed creater is here too. It's fun when a new breed is being worked on so close by.

Back
Top Bottom