Arizona Chickens

The lady that breeds them is in Phoenix and I know a couple aloha breeders about a six hour drive from Tucson. I forget the name of their town. I met them when they came down to get dwarfs from me. Really nice ladies. If I understand correctly, there's quite a few aloha breeders here in AZ and a lot of great stock since the breed creater is here too. It's fun when a new breed is being worked on so close by.
Well, good luck with your mixing them with Cemanies!

Java peababy ❤️
20230612_082940.jpg

I have four Olandsk dwarf broodies, an aloha and a cemani. I've also got an entire pen full of dwarfs I separated for rehoming and I don't think I really want alohas or cemanis. They're bigger then I really like. Though I have several pure cemani chicks in the brooder and more in the grow out pen. 😂 Think I need to take the time to find homes for the ones I don't want.
You know I want some pure cemani soooo I mean 🤭🤭

They are beautiful. I traded some dwarfs for a handful of the dun alohas thinking I'd like some bigger birds again. But as much as I like them, they're just sooo huge! I've gotten rid of all my alohas but one hen. I'm keeping her just to experiment with the dun color. I bred her to my cemani roo and got some beautiful dun babies that should give me some mottled dun in the next generation. I'm really kinda loving the dun coloring...just not the size. But now that I have my dun mottled gene carrying babies...I kinda want to find momma aloha a new home too.
I like the Aloha I have from Bluebaby. I just moved a pen location and when I picked her up I couldn't believe how big she is compared to her Welsummer flockmate. It's hard to tell how big a bird is until you pick them up to see how much is just feathers. I have to pick and choose which of her eggs to incubate - sometimes her egg is almost round.

I like the Aloha I have from Bluebaby. I just moved a pen location and when I picked her up I couldn't believe how big she is compared to her Welsummer flockmate. It's hard to tell how big a bird is until you pick them up to see how much is just feathers. I have to pick and choose which of her eggs to incubate - sometimes her egg is almost round.
Maybe @ChicksnMore will let you get that Dun Aloha hen from her?

Back
Top Bottom