Arizona Chickens

Thank you all :thumbsup, you are great. I can live with that. I am sure these will not be my last girls I will have, just the first. I'm hocked. They all get along great, healthy, they are unexpectedly quite, and petty friendly. Clare, Americana, is a star of the group, not the boss but she demands all the attention. I am great full for all my blessings. :D. (Clare is my avatar)

I thought I'd share my favorite cooking show:
wow....that is hysterical! All I could think of was how tiring is must be to narrate like that the whole time
lau.gif

I was just checking on my Girls. They only had 45 min or so free outside today, I was busy with family. Sunday my nephew is coming over for a couple hours to help me finish my coop and chicken run. I can't leave them outside if it is not safe. It is way past time to be out of the house.

Well.... anyway, I was looking at the Americana's feathers, they would make great flys for fishing. I feel guilty and don't know why I should. I am not going to hurt my girls. I wonder, has a similar thought crossed any one mind? :/

I was just checking on my Girls. They only had 45 min or so free outside today, I was busy with family. Sunday my nephew is coming over for a couple hours to help me finish my coop and chicken run. I can't leave them outside if it is not safe. It is way past time to be out of the house.
Well.... anyway, I was looking at the Americana's feathers, they would make great flys for fishing. I feel guilty and don't know why I should. I am not going to hurt my girls. I wonder, has a similar thought crossed any one mind?
hmm.png
Most fly feathers come from chickens. All I've got are black feathers so I'm also looking at fly patterns that use black. All the 'fancy' flies use 'fancy' bird feathers, but hackle feathers used in fly patterns can come from chickens. I know this because I asked the same question. Makes me want to raise rabbits too so I can have all the hare fur I want to make all the flies I want. I take it you fly fish?

rI have thought that about fishing or art projects or even fletching, but I don't think one should pull feathers from a live bird :/ however, when they are moulting( mine are right now) you could collect many many feathers each day....

Most fly feathers come from chickens. All I've got are black feathers so I'm also looking at fly patterns that use black. All the 'fancy' flies use 'fancy' bird feathers, but hackle feathers used in fly patterns can come from chickens. I know this because I asked the same question. Makes me want to raise rabbits too so I can have all the hare fur I want to make all the flies I want. I take it you fly fish?

You use rabbit fur to make fishing flys ?

Back
Top Bottom