Arizona Chickens

RIP Trixie May 4, 2012 ~ January 16, 2014 Sad day here..Treated her for an impacted crop the last couple days. She was doing good and when I went to lock up the girls tonight I found her passed away on the coop floor Zoe, 8.6 years old, my granddog had to be put down today. I found her in the home office today laying down near a pool of black blood. Rushed to the vet... Dr gave her blood transfusion but still passed more "pools" Ultrasound showed a large tumor in her spleen and one in her stomach. Dr said she was too weak for surgery and she could hemorrhage and pass. Daughter and son in law had a tough decision to make. Zoe was a rescue and had a great life.
How sad. Our condolences. ((Hugs))

RIP Trixie May 4, 2012 ~ January 16, 2014

Sad day here..Treated her for an impacted crop the last couple days. She was doing good and when I went to lock up the girls tonight I found her passed away on the coop floor

Zoe, 8.6 years old, my granddog had to be put down today. I found her in the home office today laying down near a pool of black blood. Rushed to the vet...
Dr gave her blood transfusion but still passed more "pools" Ultrasound showed a large tumor in her spleen and one in her stomach. Dr said she was too weak for surgery and she could hemorrhage and pass. Daughter and son in law had a tough decision to make. Zoe was a rescue and had a great life.

hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Yes, primarily food, next competition, habitate (nesting suitable nesting location). They like to nest in holes in trees. Their beaks are designed for eating small seeds. They remove the meat of the seeds they eat, ware as most birds will eat the hole seed. NYC has very large number of people put out bird houses & bird houses for bird colony's. When a small flock show up people will give them thier favorite seeds and fruits. All birds need calcium, but not all birds get it from the same sourse. In city's such as NYC they have better access to dry wall as will has cutle bone and the like set out for them. Some clays and earth has high levels of calcium. Then there is just finding each other.

When a wild budge hears an Aveiry of budgies, it will go to it. As I said, I know of a number of budge fanciers that regularly capture them. I asume it would be true every were. When examined they are usually under wieght. Also just escaped budgies do not want to live out there in that dangerous world. Even the least tame of pet budges will try to find a home. Ones that have had a good home will fly, if they can, to another home, looking for food, water, and human attention. Over-all, most of Arizona is in-hospitable to budgies. Most places can not support a population naturally. I feed my budgies oats, but they can not handle a full oat kernel. It needs to be cut. Or crushed a little. Just one example.

My buttercup laid her first egg 18 days ago. I haven't seen any more eggs from her. I searched all over, but nothing. Well today, I hear my buttercup rooster make an awful racket so I ran outside. I hear my buttercup hen singing the egg song. So I tracked her down, and found a nest of 9 eggs, all hers. She had squeezed through the gate of the dog run and gone behind some junk in the farthest corner of the run. Good thing my dogs are good with chickens, she's been walking past them at least 9 times to lay her eggs! These eggs are up to 2-ish weeks old, outside, so I assume they're no good. Shame. My boxer was all sorts of excited when I was collecting the eggs, so I think he got the ones he could reach. Well, now I know. She's the only hen I have who has hidden her eggs! :lol:

ETA: The Boxer I would like to GIVE AWAY! PM me if you want a boxer.
what is the out side temp? Has it frozen, has it been hotter then 70-74 degrees? If eggs keep 30 days on counter at 70 degrees ..... I would think they would still be good. Brake one open, how dose the yoke look, dose it have. An oder. The coating on the egg protects it from bacteria. I bet they are still good. When I found the messing eggs , there were over a weeks worth. I used them, they were still good.

RIP Trixie May 4, 2012 ~ January 16, 2014 Sad day here..Treated her for an impacted crop the last couple days. She was doing good and when I went to lock up the girls tonight I found her passed away on the coop floor Zoe, 8.6 years old, my granddog had to be put down today. I found her in the home office today laying down near a pool of black blood. Rushed to the vet... Dr gave her blood transfusion but still passed more "pools" Ultrasound showed a large tumor in her spleen and one in her stomach. Dr said she was too weak for surgery and she could hemorrhage and pass. Daughter and son in law had a tough decision to make. Zoe was a rescue and had a great life. :hugs

RIP Trixie May 4, 2012 ~ January 16, 2014

Sad day here..Treated her for an impacted crop the last couple days. She was doing good and when I went to lock up the girls tonight I found her passed away on the coop floor

Zoe, 8.6 years old, my granddog had to be put down today. I found her in the home office today laying down near a pool of black blood. Rushed to the vet...
Dr gave her blood transfusion but still passed more "pools" Ultrasound showed a large tumor in her spleen and one in her stomach. Dr said she was too weak for surgery and she could hemorrhage and pass. Daughter and son in law had a tough decision to make. Zoe was a rescue and had a great life.
hugs.gif
I'm so sorry Chris. We have a dog that is Zoe's age and it just broke my heart to see this. Good for you for giving her such a great life.

Anyone else have a bird that's butt fluff seems to get messy all the time? The past couple months Phillie has gotten dried poop clumps on her fluff every couple weeks. I end up giving her a bath to wash them off. Her poop seems normal, I guess it's mainly the cecal poop that messes up her fluff. She does very well in the sink soaking in warm water to dissolve it. And she looks so darn cute wrapped up in a towel when she's done. I always wait until afternoon to do it so she can go out in the sun to dry.
Awhee, what a doll.. She is spoiled... :love Maybe try trimming her feathers..

Back
Top Bottom