Arizona Chickens

hi all. man in just a few days there is 5 new pages of thread to read.
ep.gif

sry to everyone with hardware issues in their chickens, that is never good in any animal but very common for livestock and birds (even wild birds) love shiny things.

So the seed box is going with me to Phx on June 6th. Who would like to meet up and pick it up from me? There are so many fun seeds from Gallo and I have added just a few. I promise to have more next time around.

Gallo I am sooo jealous of you going to salt river. we used to go every Easter but when my grandma got put on oxygen we stopped. I miss it. Maybe I should take my boys there.

We are finishing our 3rd chicken coop and will be building a new coop soon. so many chickens so little time. lol j/k. we are trying to separate breeds and colors of breeds.

I hope everyone is living through the heat ok. our girls (and guys) seem to be doing just fine. thankfully.

It was great to meet carnivore (Dave) today. He picked up Lorenzo to take to his home. Lorenzo will have a great life with a harem of girlies. Sad to let him go but happy to know he
has a good daddy to take care of him.

Saw this commercial tonight:

My macaw is attracted to buttons, too. He can snap one in half before you even know it.

My pile of extra organic layer pellet bags is getting smaller, but I still have about 40 bags to sell. PM me if interested.

Guys I've got a friend who lives within the Phoenix city limits and she has 3 pet lullets about 6-8 ,weeks old, built a small coop/pen to confine herbirds to her property and today she had the neighbors come over and threaten to get a lawyer and the city involved if she does not get rid of them. No HOA.

Does anyone know exactly what she is and isn't allowed to do (in simple english terms)?

hi all. man in just a few days there is 5 new pages of thread to read.  :eek:

sry to everyone with hardware issues in their chickens, that is never good in any animal but very common for livestock and birds (even wild birds) love shiny things. 

So the seed box is going with me to Phx on June 6th. Who would like to meet up and pick it up from me? There are so many fun seeds from Gallo and I have added just a few. I promise to have more next time around. 

Gallo I am sooo jealous of you going to salt river. we used to go every Easter but when my grandma got put on oxygen we stopped. I miss it. Maybe I should take my boys there. 

We are finishing our 3rd chicken coop and will be building a new coop soon. so many chickens so little time. lol j/k. we are  trying to separate breeds and colors of breeds. 

I hope everyone is living through the heat ok. our girls (and guys) seem to be doing just fine. thankfully. 

I wish I could have 3 coops. Actually today I took down my coop. Going with an open air set up. Wife and I just got finished sewing some outdoor fabric we had for their roof. Anybody have any suggestions for entertainment for them? I'm going to be throwing grass seed and they'll be locked up for a bit. They have some roosts, a swing and a mirror with a few other things for them to jump on.

How do I get in on the seed thing? Although I'm a newbie and don't have any to contribute yet, I'm interested.

Last edited:
It was great to meet carnivore (Dave) today. He picked up Lorenzo to take to his home. Lorenzo will have a great life with a harem of girlies. Sad to let him go but happy to know he 
has a good daddy to take care of him.

Saw this commercial tonight:

LOL! I see why that commercial caught your eye, the first chicken looks just like Lorenzo! He is doing fine, but I need to build him a taller roost tomorrow, he keeps eyeballing the roof beams in the run, and squatting down like he's going to try for them!

I wish I could have 3 coops. Actually today I took down my coop. Going with an open air set up. Wife and I just got finished sewing some outdoor fabric we had for their roof. Anybody have any suggestions for entertainment for them? I'm going to be throwing grass seed and they'll be locked up for a bit. They have some roosts, a swing and a mirror with a few other things for them to jump on.

How do I get in on the seed thing? Although I'm a newbie and don't have any to contribute yet, I'm interested.

I put BOSS, Bermuda, and buckwheat in the run. The Bermuda is about a half inch tall, the sunflowers about 6", and the buckwheat about 3". All pretty much was ignored until today, when they really started chowing down on the buckwheat.

I put BOSS, Bermuda, and buckwheat in the run. The Bermuda is about a half inch tall, the sunflowers about 6", and the buckwheat about 3". All pretty much was ignored until today, when they really started chowing down on the buckwheat.
How did you keep them from destroying it as seed? I have a handful that I grown to about 6 inches now.

Back
Top Bottom