Arizona Chickens

sorry for all the bad news being posted by people. I hope things start looking up for everyone.

My bf insisted I take Eleanor out of the broody breaker after only 2 days. She hadnt laid an egg but he felt bad for her and wouldn't just listen to me. I put her back out in the yard and she was fine for a few hours but when we got back from Comicon she was back in the nest box. I TOLD him to leave her in for longer but noooooo. So I put her back in the cage. She's in for 3 days no matter how bad my bf feels for her.

Some of the little stuff that I make. They're all for sale too. I have some upcoming Dr appts and need to sell these.

Thanks guys

Last edited:
I AM THE CHICKEN WHISPERER!
Ever since I adopted Lorenzo from Mama Hen Chris, he has been very standoffish, not suffering to be touched, let alone picked up. I know that's typical roo behavior, but still. Today that has all changed. I have a canvas folding chair in the run, and often sit out there after feeding and watering the flock, just so they get used to me. I also like to watch the youngest bunch of chicks, and the interplay between the 3 different age cliques.
Anyway, I was holding out my hand to Lorenzo, and the last few days, he has been letting me stroke his cape. This morning, I gently rubbed his comb between my thumb and forefinger, and he definitely likes that. I stroked his wattles, too, and that is all right, but if you tickle between them, he shakes his head, probably thinking there is a bug in there or something. If I stroke his comb gently, he closes his eyes and will stand there for 10 or 15 minutes, like he's in a trance. If I stop, he will stand there in front of me and wait patiently. Looking like he wants to jump in my lap, but he hasn't yet.
On the other hand, Jenny (the lone survivor), is now the boss of the middle age clique. She will no longer allow me to touch her or pick her up. Before I put her in the run, she liked to sit on my shoulder and peck my ears (and crap on me!).
The youngest group of 27 has at least 5 roos, if I'm reading the behavior right. Watching them chest butt and play "I'm taller!" is a riot. I'd like to get some pics of that, but it's usually over pretty quick.
AWww I am so happy that he is taking to you. He loves his comb stroked for sure. He will be in your lap before you know it. What a good daddy he has. Am happy to see he is adjusting to his new home.

I went out late this afternoon with a bag of baby spinach leaves (yep, cleaning out the fridge!). Scattered a bunch in the run, and everybody pretty much ignored them. Went and sat in my chair, and when Lorenzo parked in front of me, I offered him a spinach leaf. He decided that they were edible after all, and even kinda tasty. After the other chooks watched him eat a few, they commenced vacuuming the run!

Last edited:
sad sad news,   my quail baby did not make it. :hit . My son is going to be so sad when he comes home today so I will be trying to get my quail eggs incubated. (ty to sil). 

There are so many wonderful people in our group I feel very blessed to have the opportunity to meet you all.  :hugs

Agh, :hugs condolences from us... :frow
Can't wait to hear of your hatch success rate on the quail..

R.I.P. To my wonderful hen Jesse. She didn't come out of her nesting box today (Which see does a lot) and when I when to bring her out she was passed. We didn't expected to live past two months because of her neurological condition (Seizures) but she was two and a half. She was my first chicken and just like one of my dogs. You'll be missed.  

Agh, R.I.P. Jesse.. Condolences from us.. :hugs
You will see her in heaven.. :yesss:

I AM THE CHICKEN WHISPERER!
Ever since I adopted Lorenzo from Mama Hen Chris, he has been very standoffish, not suffering to be touched, let alone picked up. I know that's typical roo behavior, but still. Today that has all changed. I have a canvas folding chair in the run, and often sit out there after feeding and watering the flock, just so they get used to me. I also like to watch the youngest bunch of chicks, and the interplay between the 3 different age cliques.
Anyway, I was holding out my hand to Lorenzo, and the last few days, he has been letting me stroke his cape. This morning, I gently rubbed his comb between my thumb and forefinger, and he definitely likes that. I stroked his wattles, too, and that is all right, but if you tickle between them, he shakes his head, probably thinking there is a bug in there or something. If I stroke his comb gently, he closes his eyes and will stand there for 10 or 15 minutes, like he's in a trance. If I stop, he will stand there in front of me and wait patiently. Looking like he wants to jump in my lap, but he hasn't yet.
On the other hand, Jenny (the lone survivor), is now the boss of the middle age clique. She will no longer allow me to touch her or pick her up. Before I put her in the run, she liked to sit on my shoulder and peck my ears (and crap on me!).
The youngest group of 27 has at least 5 roos, if I'm reading the behavior right. Watching the
m chest butt and play "I'm taller!" is a riot. I'd like to get some pics of that, but it's usually over pretty quick.

How cool!! :goodpost:
If he wasn't a standard, we would of love to have him.. That is the kind of rooster we want.. We have a chance to take a nice one like him, but he is a standard as well. :idunno

Back
Top Bottom